Re: Balloon launch this Saturday? Helium?

Mitch Smith

Curious that the station icon is the same that Bob Bruninga has been using around Logan (WB4APR-7). A search on aprs.fi also shows a GDHILL-8 in Pennsylvania, at Governor Dick Hill, last beaconed on 15 July. The same day that Bob participated in the Appalachian Golden Packet Event from Governor Dick Hill. No identifier there either. Could he be the culprit? ;)

On Aug 9, 2017, at 13:23, Tyler Griffiths <tyler.griffiths@...> wrote:

Just an observation...
There looked to be one of the retrival team that was using a TH-D72 with the callsign of GDHILL.
No other identifier...

Tyler Griffiths
N7UWX

See where I am:
http://goo.gl/nC3m57

On Wed, Aug 9, 2017 at 1:21 PM, Jared Smith <jared@...> wrote:
The payload has been recovered from the sewage retention ponds.
Fortunately it landed in a cleaner pond. No word yet on payload
damage.

It appears that the balloons I ordered will not arrive by Saturday, so
I'm now looking at a launch early next week or a week from Saturday.

Jared

Join BARC-HAB@groups.io to automatically receive all group messages.