Re: Balloon launch this Saturday? Helium?
Thanks Kevin. I'll check with AirGas and see what they can provide.toggle quoted messageShow quoted text
I'm not sure if I'll be able to get a payload fully together by
Saturday, but I'm going to try because the forecast looks good. I have
to launch when it's very clear. I also have to account for downwind
storms to try to avoid high altitude thunderstorms. With a neck lift
of only 2-3 grams (about the weight of a dime) if the balloon passes
through any clouds it will pick up enough condensation to bring it
The USU GAS team is planning a launch tomorrow (Wednesday) with the
payload for the Japanese students. I'm not sure of specifics (date,
location, etc.), but they want to fully support it themselves - which
I think is wonderful (and I'll cross my fingers for their success).
But you may want to monitor APRS or HabHub. I believe the call will be
On Sun, Aug 6, 2017 at 7:04 PM, Kevin Reeve <kevin.reeve@...> wrote: