My hexacopter for HAB support

Josh Jensen

Here are some pictures, and a video of the hexacopter I'm building.  Yesterday (Saturday, June 10) I finally powered up the entire craft.  The ESC's were giving me an error, that's what the beeping and the yellow lights are in the video.

There's a picture of it sitting on the living room floor, waiting for it's first flight.  Also, a picture of it hovering in the back yard.

I'm hoping to be able to use it as an airbourne digipeater to help try and pick up beacons from wayward balloons that can't quite reach the land based digis.  There is also talk of using it for some altitude payload tests.  I would love any other thoughts on how it can be used.

I'll try and get some more pictures of it in the air as soon as my battery finishes charging.

Josh

Join BARC-HAB@groups.io to automatically receive all group messages.