Topics

Astronomy_News_20_02_2020

Edwin Rod

Hi Everyone

The usual starcharts and newsletters are attached for the month, along with two interesting papers on Anthropology one takes a look at Easter Island and another the DNA of people outside of Africa. There is an interesting look at Zealanada our small continent mostly submerged. There is also a look at why many Sub Neptune planets are the size they are, and perhaps the distant proposed Ice Giant could fit into this category of planet too.

Again there is no shortage of interesting research out this month but if I had to pick out a personal highlight it was the paper looking at the search for an outer ice giant in our solar system. If you’re interested in exo planets, Seti and Red dwarfs there will be lots to keep you occupied!

Research papers

Transiting Planet Detection Limits for Nearby Late Red Dwarfs

Chemical Diversity of Super-Earths As a Consequence of Formation
https://arxiv.org/abs/2002.09042

The Design of a Space-based Observation and Tracking System for Interstellar Objects
https://arxiv.org/abs/2002.00984

Maximal Gravity at the Surface of an Asteroid
https://arxiv.org/abs/physics/0312029

Concerns about ground based astronomical observations
https://arxiv.org/abs/2001.10952

The TRAPPIST-1 JWST Community Initiative
https://arxiv.org/abs/2002.04798

A Census Of Coronal Mass Ejections On Solar-like Stars
https://arxiv.org/abs/2002.04430

Three planets transiting the evolved star EPIC 249893012
https://arxiv.org/abs/2002.01755

Numerical study of the evaporation valley and transition from super-Earths to sub-Neptunes
https://arxiv.org/abs/2002.02455

The Impact of Planetary Rotation Rate on the Reflectance of Terrestrial Exoplanets
https://arxiv.org/abs/2002.02549

Atmospheric Erosion by Giant Impacts onto Terrestrial Planets
https://arxiv.org/abs/2002.02977

Habitable zones around almost extremely spinning black holes
https://arxiv.org/abs/2001.10991

The Orbit of Planet Nine Derived from Engineering Physics
https://arxiv.org/abs/2001.09150

Using Data Imputation for Signal Separation in High Contrast Imaging
https://arxiv.org/abs/2001.00563

Effect of vegetation on the temperatures of Trappist-1 planets
https://arxiv.org/abs/2001.08946

Evidence for Spin-orbit Alignment in the TRAPPIST-1 System
https://arxiv.org/abs/2002.05892

Characterizing deposits emplaced by cryovolcanic plumes on Europa
https://arxiv.org/abs/2001.10981

Physical Reality and the Unobservables of Physical Nature
https://arxiv.org/abs/2001.10009

The K Dwarf Advantage for Biosignatures on Directly Imaged Exoplanets
https://arxiv.org/abs/2001.10458

Planet formation around M dwarfs via disc instability
https://arxiv.org/abs/2001.10062

Interstellar comet 2I/Borisov as seen by MUSE
https://arxiv.org/abs/2001.11605

Dynamical characterization of the multiple planet system GJ 1148
https://arxiv.org/abs/2002.00906

Water delivery to dry protoplanets by hit-and-run collisions
https://arxiv.org/abs/2002.00231

Magnified X-Ray Binaries as Passive Beacons in SETI
https://arxiv.org/abs/2002.00128

A Framework for Optimizing Exoplanet Target Selection for the James Webb Space Telescope
https://arxiv.org/abs/2002.01495

On the impact of tides on the transit-timing fits to the TRAPPIST-1 system
https://arxiv.org/abs/2002.02015

Potential Backup Targets for Comet Interceptor
https://arxiv.org/abs/2002.01744