Astronomy_News_20_11_2019

Edwin Rod

Hi everyone

Please find all the regular newsletters attached, along with starcharts and a look at Titan.

Wellington finally had a Summers day today! There have been a lot of cold South westerly winds over September and October this year, The air has bene very hazy today and we need to thank our friends over the Tasman for their dust and smoke, I’ve attached a satellite photo to show Its not just my imagination.

Well it sure has been a busy month this one. We were lucky enough to do a week’s trip away to aptly named Mercury bay to watch this month’s Transit of the Planet, I have managed to place a few cellphone photos up from the trip, however this month has been rather busy on the personal front so I have not yet had a chance to look at the Nikon P900 or do a full write up on the Transit and send out photos so watch your inbox for another email on that subject.

We have two interesting updates from Andrew B, UK Kent this month to share. He takes a look at Asteroid 162173 Ryugu (1999 JU3), an interesting mission I have been following. KBO 486958 Arrokoth now has a name and this is an interesting object, Andrew again brings us up to speed.

There was no shortage of interesting stories this month and research out.

The hunt continues for an outer Ice giant world, and this month the team found a pair of Brown Dwarfs around 70Ly away an interesting discovery if like myself you’re interested in these objects.

Panspermia again has a look in with research at exporting life out of the solar system.

If you’re interested in exo moons, Red Dwarfs and life on other planets then there are a range of links this month to follow up on.

Anyway its get late here so I better let you read through what interested you from this month.

Cheers Edwin

This months research

A very low mass, wide co-moving brown dwarf system discovered through the citizen science project
https://arxiv.org/abs/1911.04600

Electric sails are potentially more effective than light sails near most stars
https://arxiv.org/abs/1911.02765

Exporting Terrestrial Life Out of the Solar System
https://arxiv.org/abs/1910.06414

Orbits and resonances of the regular moons of Neptune
https://arxiv.org/abs/1910.13612

The first observed stellar occultations by the irregular satellite (Saturn IX) Phoebe
https://arxiv.org/abs/1910.12188

Thermal evolution of Uranus and Neptune
https://arxiv.org/abs/1911.00447

Impact bombardment chronology of the terrestrial planets
https://arxiv.org/abs/1910.11282

Susceptibility of planetary atmospheres to mass loss and growth by planetesimal impacts
https://arxiv.org/abs/1910.10731

A Centaur in the Gateway to the Jupiter-Family Comets
https://arxiv.org/abs/1908.04185

Morphology and Activity of Interstellar comet 2I/Borisov
https://arxiv.org/abs/1910.14004

A textbook on the universal processes behind planetary habitability
https://arxiv.org/abs/1910.14022

Quantifying the Influence of Jupiter on the Earth's Orbital Cycles
https://arxiv.org/abs/1910.14250

Layered Uncertainty in Planetary Thermal History Models
https://arxiv.org/abs/1910.13654

Red Dwarfs - Exo planets

Revised mass-radius relationships for water-rich terrestrial planets beyond the runaway greenhouse limit
https://arxiv.org/abs/1911.08878

JWST Transmission Spectra of Habitable Zone Planets in the TRAPPIST-1 System
https://arxiv.org/abs/1911.08596

An extremely low-density and temperate giant exoplanet
https://arxiv.org/abs/1911.07355

Constraining the magnitude of climate extremes
https://arxiv.org/abs/1911.05577

Habitability and Spectroscopic Observability of Warm M-dwarf Exoplanets
https://arxiv.org/abs/1907.10048

Red Dwarf Planets and Habitability
https://www.centauri-dreams.org/2019/11/13/red-dwarf-planets-and-habitability/

Identify Exo-Earth Candidates in Direct Imaging Data
https://arxiv.org/abs/1910.13440

Exomoons in the habitable zones of M dwarfs
https://arxiv.org/abs/1910.12054

Connecting planet formation and astrochemistry
https://arxiv.org/abs/1910.13171

Evidence for an Earth-like geochemistry of exoplanets
https://arxiv.org/abs/1910.12989

SETI - And the search for life

A Return to Venus
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zrzY-r2fi4Y