Betelgeuse fainter? #Betelgeuse

Ray Emery

Between clouds last night - and with a very bright Moon - it seemed to me that Betelgeuse had faded somewhat more.

Does anyone have an opinion?

Time to keep the camera handy for some short exposures, really.

- Ray -

Waldemar Falcone

Ray, I was asking the same question: Has Betelgeuse come closer to Bellatrix? But I couldn't be sure -- never been very good at star mags.

Photos: is it better to defocus the camera?

Another question that came to my mind is: what if Ptolomeus et. al. observed Betelgeuse when it was having a positive change when they called it Alpha Orionis? Comparing it to Rigel now is frightening!

Vad

De: AstroLeeds@groups.io <AstroLeeds@groups.io> em nome de Ray Emery <raymondemery0@...>
Enviado: segunda-feira, 13 de janeiro de 2020 10:19
Para: AstroLeeds@groups.io <AstroLeeds@groups.io>; cleethorpes-and-district-astronomical-society@... <cleethorpes-and-district-astronomical-society@...>
Assunto: [AstroLeeds] Betelgeuse fainter?

Between clouds last night - and with a very bright Moon - it seemed to me that Betelgeuse had faded somewhat more.

Does anyone have an opinion?

Time to keep the camera handy for some short exposures, really.

- Ray -

Ray Emery

Vad - yes, I would think that a degree of defocussing (quite subtle - not too much!) would be useful.

We might get some clear skies after this latest storm passes through…

:-)

- Ray -

On 13 Jan 2020, at 17:01, Waldemar Falcone <W.Falcone@...> wrote:

Robin Jakeways

Clear skies??? What are these historical things?

!!!!!!!

Robin

On 13 Jan 2020, at 17:33, Ray Emery <raymondemery0@...> wrote:

Vad - yes, I would think that a degree of defocussing (quite subtle - not too much!) would be useful.

We might get some clear skies after this latest storm passes through…

:-)

- Ray -

On 13 Jan 2020, at 17:01, Waldemar Falcone <W.Falcone@...> wrote: