Topics

Test for Alzheimer's 😂😂

Ken Nelson

You won't believe this one if you try to do it! Amazing!

Test Your Brain
This is really cool.

ALZHEIMER'S EYE TEST
(I love this part.. It’s absolutely amazing!)

 Count every "F" in the following text:

FINISHED FILES ARE THE RE
SULT OF YEARS OF SCIENTI
FIC STUDY COMBINED WITH
THE EXPERIENCE OF YEARS.....
(SEE BELOW)

HOW MANY 'F's?

Count them again.

WRONG, THERE ARE 6 -- no joke..

READ IT AGAIN !

Really, go back and try to find the 6 'F's before you scroll down.

The reasoning behind this is further down.

The brain cannot process "OF".

F INISHED FILES ARE THE RE
SULT O
F YEARS OF SCIENTI
F IC STUDY COMBINED WITH
THE EXPERIENCE O
F YEARS.....

Incredible or what?

Anyone who counts all 6 'F's on the first go is a genius.  It is your turn to see how many of your friends belong in an old age home! ..

Three is normalfour is quite rare.

Send this to your (older!) friends.
It will drive them crazy....
And keep them occupied
For several minutes..!

Peter Anning

I got six, but I had a deeply embedded clue about this. Once, while writing a high school paper and very, very tired/exhausted from who knows what, I yelled to my mom who was in the next room, "Is 'of' spelled O-V or U-V" to which she calmly replied, "No, O-F." Which of course I knew, but couldn't bring it to the front of my mind. So I knew the "F" of "of" didn't register as an "F" but rather as a "V."

-- Peter Anning
   p.anning@...

On Sunday, March 7, 2021, 6:32:09 PM PST, Ken Nelson <citbuff@...> wrote:

[...]

Nice work Peter!  I missed the last one -

Ken

On Sun, Mar 7, 2021 at 6:39 PM Peter Anning <p.anning@...> wrote:
[...]

Peter Langecker

I counted seven - including the one in "how many "F"s....

OCD I guess.

Peter L.

[...]

Fred Cisin

In which case, you missed the 'f' in the word "following", unless you were limiting it to only UPPER CASE.

On Sunday, March 7, 2021, 6:32:09 PM PST, Ken Nelson <citbuff@gmail.com> wrote:

You won't believe this one if you try to do it! Amazing!

| Test Your Brain
This is really cool.
ALZHEIMER'S EYE TEST
(I love this part.. It’s absolutely amazing!) Count every "F" in the following text:   FINISHED FILES ARE THE RE
SULT OF YEARS OF SCIENTI
FIC STUDY COMBINED WITH
THE EXPERIENCE OF YEARS.....
(SEE BELOW)    HOW MANY 'F's?    Count them again.    WRONG, THERE ARE 6 -- no joke..    READ IT AGAIN !  Really, go back and try to find the 6 'F's before you scroll down.  The reasoning behind this is further down.       The brain cannot process "OF". F INISHED FILES ARE THE RE
SULT OF YEARS OF SCIENTI
F IC STUDY COMBINED WITH
THE EXPERIENCE OF YEARS..... Incredible or what?  Anyone who counts all 6 'F's on the first go is a genius.  It is your turn to see how many of your friends belong in an old age home! ..   Three is normal, four is quite rare. Send this to your (older!) friends.
It will drive them crazy....
And keep them occupied
For several minutes..! |

Peter Langecker

I did - missed the lower case “f”..

On Mar 7, 2021, at 9:57 PM, Fred Cisin <cisin@xenosoft.com> wrote:

In which case, you missed the 'f' in the word "following", unless you were limiting it to only UPPER CASE.

On Mon, 8 Mar 2021, Peter Langecker via groups.io wrote:

I counted seven - including the one in "how many "F"s....
OCD I guess.
Peter L.

Nice work Peter! I missed the last one -
Ken
On Sun, Mar 7, 2021 at 6:39 PM Peter Anning <p.anning@att.net> wrote:

I got six, but I had a deeply embedded clue about this. Once, while writing a high school paper and very, very tired/exhausted from who knows what, I yelled to my mom who was in the next room, "Is 'of' spelled O-V or U-V" to which she calmly replied, "No, O-F." Which of course I knew, but couldn't bring it to the front of my mind. So I knew the "F" of "of" didn't register as an "F" but rather as a "V."

-- Peter Anning p.anning@att.net

On Sunday, March 7, 2021, 6:32:09 PM PST, Ken Nelson <citbuff@gmail.com> wrote:

You won't believe this one if you try to do it! Amazing!

| Test Your Brain
This is really cool.
ALZHEIMER'S EYE TEST
(I love this part.. It’s absolutely amazing!) Count every "F" in the following text: FINISHED FILES ARE THE RE
SULT OF YEARS OF SCIENTI
FIC STUDY COMBINED WITH
THE EXPERIENCE OF YEARS.....
(SEE BELOW) HOW MANY 'F's? Count them again. WRONG, THERE ARE 6 -- no joke.. READ IT AGAIN ! Really, go back and try to find the 6 'F's before you scroll down. The reasoning behind this is further down. The brain cannot process "OF". F INISHED FILES ARE THE RE
SULT OF YEARS OF SCIENTI
F IC STUDY COMBINED WITH
THE EXPERIENCE OF YEARS..... Incredible or what? Anyone who counts all 6 'F's on the first go is a genius. It is your turn to see how many of your friends belong in an old age home! .. Three is normal, four is quite rare. Send this to your (older!) friends.
It will drive them crazy....
And keep them occupied
For several minutes..! |

Keith Murphy

When do F’n stop trying ?

On Mar 7, 2021, at 9:57 PM, Fred Cisin <cisin@xenosoft.com> wrote:

In which case, you missed the 'f' in the word "following", unless you were limiting it to only UPPER CASE.

On Mon, 8 Mar 2021, Peter Langecker via groups.io wrote:

I counted seven - including the one in "how many "F"s....
OCD I guess.
Peter L.

Nice work Peter! I missed the last one -
Ken
On Sun, Mar 7, 2021 at 6:39 PM Peter Anning <p.anning@att.net> wrote:

I got six, but I had a deeply embedded clue about this. Once, while writing a high school paper and very, very tired/exhausted from who knows what, I yelled to my mom who was in the next room, "Is 'of' spelled O-V or U-V" to which she calmly replied, "No, O-F." Which of course I knew, but couldn't bring it to the front of my mind. So I knew the "F" of "of" didn't register as an "F" but rather as a "V."

-- Peter Anning p.anning@att.net

On Sunday, March 7, 2021, 6:32:09 PM PST, Ken Nelson <citbuff@gmail.com> wrote:

You won't believe this one if you try to do it! Amazing!

| Test Your Brain
This is really cool.
ALZHEIMER'S EYE TEST
(I love this part.. It’s absolutely amazing!) Count every "F" in the following text: FINISHED FILES ARE THE RE
SULT OF YEARS OF SCIENTI
FIC STUDY COMBINED WITH
THE EXPERIENCE OF YEARS.....
(SEE BELOW) HOW MANY 'F's? Count them again. WRONG, THERE ARE 6 -- no joke.. READ IT AGAIN ! Really, go back and try to find the 6 'F's before you scroll down. The reasoning behind this is further down. The brain cannot process "OF". F INISHED FILES ARE THE RE
SULT OF YEARS OF SCIENTI
F IC STUDY COMBINED WITH
THE EXPERIENCE OF YEARS..... Incredible or what? Anyone who counts all 6 'F's on the first go is a genius. It is your turn to see how many of your friends belong in an old age home! .. Three is normal, four is quite rare. Send this to your (older!) friends.
It will drive them crazy....
And keep them occupied
For several minutes..! |

Fred Cisin

Two obvious factors:
1) Even if their lips don't move when they read, people still sound out [silently] verbally what they are reading. The 'V' sound of the 'F' in "OF" causes it not to be counted.

2) STOP WORDS (not a great name for the concept) are words that add little or nothing to quantitative analysis in Information Retrieval (such as "a", "an", "of", "the", etc. Search algorithms will therefore often IGNORE any words in their local STOP WORD list.

On Mon, 8 Mar 2021, Peter Anning wrote:

[...]

I believe the whole F’n thing doesn’t add value ... but I now understand why Facts don’t matter to majority of folks ...