Topics

Spring Cleaning

Lou

Hi Arcane,
    I have carefully saved the following parts but
realize I will never use them.   If you can use them
or know someone who can, let me know.    If no
reply,  the scrap metal man comes next week.
    Reply by email cuz I don't have a cell phone.        Lou

These wheels might be from a Renault of Citroen.

I think the front suspension is from a Lloyd.

David Russel

Are there 4 wheels or are you showing front and back of 2?

The center 3 lug holes are like what’s on my 2CV and what memory (always risky) says the Renault Dauphine had. The slight difference from my 2CV whips is the “air gaps” where the center portion is attached to the outer rim.

Interestingly, 4 of the 5 wheels on the Citroen Traction Avant have 4 gaps, something I only noticed when changing a flat. When new tires were bough the solid rim was dedicated to the spare so all 4 on the road are the same.

Already have 6 tires with wheels for 2CV so I will not take them.

Are you ok if I forward you message to someone in the Citroen club for him to share?

On Feb 26, 2020, at 2:28 AM, Lou via Groups.Io <c1937=znet.com@groups.io> wrote:

Hi Arcane,
    I have carefully saved the following parts but
realize I will never use them.   If you can use them
or know someone who can, let me know.    If no
reply,  the scrap metal man comes next week.
    Reply by email cuz I don't have a cell phone.        Lou

These wheels might be from a Renault of Citroen.
<Cit 8286.jpg>

<Cit 8285.jpg>

I think the front suspension is from a Lloyd.
<Lloyd 8297.jpg>

<Lloyd 8298.jpg>

<Lloyd 8299.jpg>

Lou

Hi David,
    Thanks for the reply.
I don't mind you sharing the pix with someone (or club) who might use them.
There are 2 wheels.  Both have 4 spokes (gaps between inner and outer rim.).
There is a threaded hole in middle for hubcap.   Despite being a member of
Arcane, I have never owned a Dalphine nor 2-CV.
                Good Luck,                Lou

On 2/26/2020 9:36 AM, David Russel wrote:
[...]

Charles

Good morning Lou,
I think that those are Renault wheels but the could be Citroen as well. Either way., I could certainly use them, as I have several of both Marques.
I saw your post on the Arcane site and I could sure use those Renault wheels. I have a remarkable original Dauphine and the wheels are mismatched and rusty.
Please let me know if they are still available and the cost to send them to me here in Bewton, Massachusetts (zip 02459).
Thank you,
Charles Gould

Charles

Sorry about the typo. I live in NEWTON, Massachusetts (02459)