Topics

RestoMod in Lost Vegas

David Russel

This one has been listed before and I think at the same price.  What a sad thing to do to a car.  Not sure what price would get someone motivated to buy this travesty.

Personally, I think that it is a great thing to do to a 1957 Chevy.

David, you just need to stop thinking about it as a Citroen.

On 3/23/2021 9:58 AM, David Russel wrote:
This one has been listed before and I think at the same price.  What a sad thing to do to a car.  Not sure what price would get someone motivated to buy this travesty.

Bob Merlis

Of course it’s in Las Vegas..

On Mar 23, 2021, at 9:58 AM, David Russel <djrussel@...> wrote:

This one has been listed before and I think at the same price.  What a sad thing to do to a car.  Not sure what price would get someone motivated to buy this travesty.

David

Bob Merlis/M.F.H.
606 N. Larchmont Bl. #205
Los Angeles, CA 90004
323.962.6887

Lou

    Raising the floor in a Traction Avant 6" (15.3 cm) means
those in the back seat would have their knees to their chest.
Operating the clutch would hit the knees under the dash.
Tho it looks like a good job, I can guess why it's being sold.
    I wonder about putting a frame under a monocoque body?

    If you want to pay more $$ for a Cit Rat Rod,
The asking price for this one is over  $36,000.

    (Is that a correct grille for a Citroen?)

Did Citroen really make a six cylinder engine in 1937?

            Lou

On 3/23/2021 10:13 AM, Matthew Spielberg wrote:

Personally, I think that it is a great thing to do to a 1957 Chevy.

David, you just need to stop thinking about it as a Citroen.

On 3/23/2021 9:58 AM, David Russel wrote:
This one has been listed before and I think at the same price.  What a sad thing to do to a car.  Not sure what price would get someone motivated to buy this travesty.

Berkeley

The horror! To do that to such a beautiful car is just wrong.

This one has been listed before and I think at the same price.  What a sad thing to do to a car.  Not sure what price would get someone motivated to buy this travesty.

David

Bob Merlis/M.F.H.
606 N. Larchmont Bl. #205
Los Angeles, CA 90004
323.962.6887

Ken Nelson

The green car is a 15-6 that looks like it's been chopped somehow and maybe the front suspension isn't Traction, but the engine is genuine 15-6 as I had two at one time.  Neat thing about the six is you can change the clutch from the top by pulling the gen tower and cover off the clutch case, and the trans shaft into the crank pulls out from the front thru the hollow top gearbox shaft!  Slide the shaft out, unbolt the pp and viola, out comes the disc.  The trans is hugely heavy as it's a cast iron case, and contains 3 levels of shafts plus its own oilpump.  But is supposedly reliable, compared to the 4 cyl boxes.

Ken

On Tue, Mar 23, 2021 at 3:04 PM Berkeley <berkeley@...> wrote:

The horror! To do that to such a beautiful car is just wrong.

This one has been listed before and I think at the same price.  What a sad thing to do to a car.  Not sure what price would get someone motivated to buy this travesty.

David

Bob Merlis/M.F.H.
606 N. Larchmont Bl. #205
Los Angeles, CA 90004
323.962.6887

David Russel

Lou,

Apparently 1938 is when Citroen introduced the 6 cylinder TA. The original 4 cylinder was in 1935

On Mar 23, 2021, at 12:05 PM, Lou via groups.io <c1937=znet.com@groups.io> wrote:

    Raising the floor in a Traction Avant 6" (15.3 cm) means
those in the back seat would have their knees to their chest.
Operating the clutch would hit the knees under the dash.
Tho it looks like a good job, I can guess why it's being sold.
    I wonder about putting a frame under a monocoque body?
<1934-Citroen-Tracton-streach-.jpg>

    If you want to pay more $$ for a Cit Rat Rod,
The asking price for this one is over  $36,000.
<Cit Rod $36K .jpg>

    (Is that a correct grille for a Citroen?)

<Cit rod .jpg>

Did Citroen really make a six cylinder engine in 1937?
<37 Cit 6 .jpg>

            Lou

On 3/23/2021 10:13 AM, Matthew Spielberg wrote:

Personally, I think that it is a great thing to do to a 1957 Chevy.

David, you just need to stop thinking about it as a Citroen.

On 3/23/2021 9:58 AM, David Russel wrote:
This one has been listed before and I think at the same price.  What a sad thing to do to a car.  Not sure what price would get someone motivated to buy this travesty.

Lou

Hi David,
    Thanks for Cit info.
Lou

On 3/24/2021 1:10 AM, David Russel wrote:
[...]

Byron Brill

I, for one, appreciate the fact you stayed up ‘til 1:11 a.m. researching this, David.  And Mara and I know you have an eye for research, following the last Rendezvous when we noticed you intently studying the imprint on the silverware during a particularly long post-dinner presentation…

Byron

[...]

Dennis,

What’s the verdict?  Happy with clutch and gearbox?

Hope it is all to your liking.