Topics

Renault in S.J.

Dale

somebody in this group?
https://sfbay..craigslist.org/sby/cto/d/san-jose-1980-renault-lecar-r5-lectric/7160474348.html
Dale

Ken Nelson

Ad is gone - saw that awhile ago - don't know where it went -

Ken

On Mon, Jul 20, 2020 at 11:49 AM Dale <daleice@...> wrote:
somebody in this group?
https://sfbay..craigslist.org/sby/cto/d/san-jose-1980-renault-lecar-r5-lectric/7160474348.html
Dale

David Russel

Ken,

Ad isn’t gone. Extra . In link. Try this one

On Jul 20, 2020, at 9:03 AM, Ken Nelson <citbuff@...> wrote:

Ad is gone - saw that awhile ago - don't know where it went -

Ken

On Mon, Jul 20, 2020 at 11:49 AM Dale <daleice@...> wrote:
somebody in this group?
https://sfbay..craigslist.org/sby/cto/d/san-jose-1980-renault-lecar-r5-lectric/7160474348.html
Dale

Ken Nelson

"David, this one doesn't work either -

Ken

On Mon, Jul 20, 2020 at 2:02 PM David Russel <djrussel@...> wrote:
Ken,

Ad isn’t gone. Extra . In link. Try this one

On Jul 20, 2020, at 9:03 AM, Ken Nelson <citbuff@...> wrote:

Ad is gone - saw that awhile ago - don't know where it went -

Ken

On Mon, Jul 20, 2020 at 11:49 AM Dale <daleice@...> wrote:
somebody in this group?
https://sfbay..craigslist.org/sby/cto/d/san-jose-1980-renault-lecar-r5-lectric/7160474348.html
Dale

David Russel

Weird.  It worked for me.

Copied and pasted The address Dale sent, removed the extra period, copied corrected link, pasted it into search bar and it worked.
Then pasted it into message and replied.

Went back to listing and forwarded from CL page. Hope that works. Also sent it to Sri as he has batteries galore.

On Jul 20, 2020, at 11:16 AM, Ken Nelson <citbuff@...> wrote:

"David, this one doesn't work either -

Ken

On Mon, Jul 20, 2020 at 2:02 PM David Russel <djrussel@...> wrote:
Ken,

Ad isn’t gone. Extra . In link. Try this one

On Jul 20, 2020, at 9:03 AM, Ken Nelson <citbuff@...> wrote:

Ad is gone - saw that awhile ago - don't know where it went -

Ken

On Mon, Jul 20, 2020 at 11:49 AM Dale <daleice@...> wrote:
somebody in this group?
https://sfbay..craigslist.org/sby/cto/d/san-jose-1980-renault-lecar-r5-lectric/7160474348.html
Dale

Ken Nelson

This LeCar/R5 would make an extremely smooth-riding electric, as the suspension is all torsionbar like my R16 Renaults, and that suspension is the closest thing to a hydropneumatic Citroen DS suspension in comfort vs every other car ever made.  I was in a gas R5 yrs ago when the driver slammed over two major drainage gutters onto a major highway in Detroit and I was stiffening myself against the crash, but that car just soaked the gutters up as tho they didn't exist!  That was my first experience with the Renault torsionbar setup, and it's marvelous.  Wish I had the space/time/knowledge to re-electrify this with updated batts and electronics.

Ken

On Mon, Jul 20, 2020 at 2:22 PM David Russel <djrussel@...> wrote:
[...]

Scott Davis

I've owned and updated one. Good interior space, unique French styling, period level safety.

96v with lead acid is slow,  especially up hills. 120v (8v cells) better but at the motor limit. Balancing the flywheel made it better. Adapter plate was fiber board, serious issues with moisture and warping so I replaced with aluminum. Have a spare motor if anyone needs it.

Leaf cells would make it quite useful.

Scott