Topics

Old vs Young

Ken Nelson

Subject: Old vs Young

A self-important college freshman attending a recent football game

took it upon himself to explain to a senior citizen sitting next

to him why it was impossible for the older generation to understand his

generation.

'You grew up in a different world, actually an almost primitive one,'

the student said, loud enough for many of those nearby to hear.

'The young people of today are much more advanced than people your age. We grew up

with television, jet planes, space travel, man walking on the  moon and the Internet.  We have cell phones, nuclear

energy, electric and hydrogen cars, computers, automated manufacturing, amazing technologies and, pausing to take another drink of beer.

The senior took advantage of the break in the student's litany and said, “You're right, son.  We didn't have those things when we were young.so we invented them.  Now, you arrogant little jerk, what are YOU doing for the next generation?”

The applause was resounding………….

I love senior citizens!