Motocompo (Was: on BaT

Fred Cisin

It doesn't seem much, if any, smaller than the Honda Z50 ("Monkey", mini trail bike) with 50cc 4 stroke, overhead cam. Fold down handlebars, and raise/lower? (or was that a modification?) seat.
I had one that my assistant borrowed permanently.

But, the Motocompo has "fairings" all around it to make it look more like a suitcase than a motorcycle.

There were apparently ELECTRIC versions of it briefly, about a decade ago!

For trunk auxiliary transportation, I still want a Honda U3X or Uni-Cub

--
Grumpy Ol' Fred cisin@xenosoft.com

On Thu, 8 Apr 2021, Matthew Spielberg wrote:

Thank you David. I have always wanted to go to a car show and take a motorcycle out of the trunk.

I have had a chance to drive the MotoCompo. It reminds me of an Amphicar, or singing dogs. It is not so much that they do it well, but that they can do it at all.

As to the RHD Nissan "Sylvia"...If I had the US 200SX I would be buying a JDM front and rear  bumper.

On 4/8/2021 12:29 PM, David Russel wrote:
Matt,
interested in either of these?   Sorry for not sending the Silvia listing when it was live.
currently live
https://bringatrailer.com/listing/1982-honda-motocompo/ <https://bringatrailer.com/listing/1982-honda-motocompo/>
Auction ended, reserve Not Met:
https://bringatrailer.com/listing/1978-nissan-silvia/ <https://bringatrailer.com/listing/1978-nissan-silvia/>
David R

The highlight of the Motocompo was that Honda put a well into the trunk of the Honda City which fit the scooter. It still handled "funny".

And Fred, if you get me information about your "assistant", perhaps the monkey might be recovered????