more Arcane on BaT

David Russel

Should have drilled down when seeing the Skoda listing as there were and still are a few additional potential members, just need to get them out here.

This one does have the belt drive.

Next one is what Dick needs to transport the Peel:

David

Dick Tuttle

Thank's Dave, the Trivan would be a good Peel hauler but unfortunately it's no faster than the Peel so it wouldn't be suitable going to far away meets at 50 screaming MPH.  It's only redeeming feature is the two wheels are in front.

And here's a notice that sadly seems to indicate the dumbing down of America:

193996261_3652724078166428_3532501507942086768_n.jpeg

Dick Tuttle

-----Original Message-----
To: Arcane Mail List <ArcaneAutos@groups.io>
Sent: Mon, Jun 7, 2021 4:55 pm
Subject: [ArcaneAutos] more Arcane on BaT

Should have drilled down when seeing the Skoda listing as there were and still are a few additional potential members, just need to get them out here.

David

Keith Murphy

So, I applied to BaT this past Sunday to list my 1981 4x4 Eagle Sx/4 with 4.2L engine for auction. 

Now, BaT has listed Eagles before, even one very similar to mine, it’s bidding went to $8k and didn’t make the sellers reserve (?!) - comments about both the car, said the seller should have taken off the reserve and sold the car as it had a broken  4x4 front transfer case.

Well,  BaT replied back to me today, they declined to accept my car though it’s cosmetically pretty, well maintained, passes CA smogs for last eight years, and I had a super low reserve.

BaT’s (blow off) reply:

Sorry, but your submission was not accepted.

Hello Keith,

Thank you for submitting your 1981 AMC Eagle to us for consideration.

We reviewed your submission and the details of your vehicle closely and while we appreciate its merits, unfortunately we are unable to offer to list it at this time. We are very selective with the vehicles we accept for auction and while we wish that we could list them all, given the volume of submissions we receive and the nature of our curation process, we simply can't.

We appreciate that you considered BaT Auctions and wish you best of luck with the sale. We hope to have the opportunity to work with you in the future.

Thanks,

The Bring a Trailer Team

If your interested in what goes on behind the scenes at BaT , read the vast amount of complaints by both sellers and buyers who used the service, and discover some of the games BaT uses to get a higher bid price  and run up their sale percentages up... too bad they changed from a fun hobby sight to a den of car brokers and flippers, no surprise as they don’t care about reserves and push hi end cars on more wealthy clientele (or saps that shouldn’t be let loose placing auction bids on a used lawn chair.)

Good news! - I sold my car today!

I sucked up the apparent slight made to me by BaT, which actually was playing into my own gambling greed, which was stopping me from  going back to basics and selling my own car - face to face - with a buyer.

I forgot this process could even be a fun transaction and I can pick who I sell my car to, rather then end up dealing with an out of state buyer  or even a buyer located out of the country, then stress out if the seller would make a payment on time and in a form I would accept, then I would stress out if and when the car would be picked up.

My buyer today paid cash today, he drove away in a car he loves, he got a fair deal, but I had to suck up and kill my gambling greed that creeps in like a used car salesman in a striped wool suit f’king up an otherwise straight forward process ... if we choose it to be.

I’m sure many  folks had great experiences on BaT - but the process is rigged to pay BaT and push issues of payment and transport on to the  buyer and sellers, the stressful reality that is left to resolve  after all the excitement of the auction is over .

Got your lawn chair?

On Jun 7, 2021, at 4:56 PM, David Russel <djrussel@...> wrote:

David

Ken Nelson

EVERYTHING IS GOING CORPORATE!  Sad news that BAT has gone the way of all flesh.   Same thing with the Dream Cruise, aka Woodward Cruise in Detroit, which started as a simple charity event I participated in yrs ago.  Same thing for Burning Man - now with concierge camps and Lear jets flying in bringing sleazy Russian oligarchs and other undesireables.  Monterey classics, same all same all.  
Hopefully that never happens to the annual Citroen gathering in Saratoga..........

Ken

On Tue, Jun 8, 2021 at 12:50 AM Keith Murphy via groups.io <Keithddl527=aol.com@groups.io> wrote:

So, I applied to BaT this past Sunday to list my 1981 4x4 Eagle Sx/4 with 4.2L engine for auction. 

Now, BaT has listed Eagles before, even one very similar to mine, it’s bidding went to $8k and didn’t make the sellers reserve (?!) - comments about both the car, said the seller should have taken off the reserve and sold the car as it had a broken  4x4 front transfer case.

Well,  BaT replied back to me today, they declined to accept my car though it’s cosmetically pretty, well maintained, passes CA smogs for last eight years, and I had a super low reserve.

BaT’s (blow off) reply:

Sorry, but your submission was not accepted.

Hello Keith,

Thank you for submitting your 1981 AMC Eagle to us for consideration.

We reviewed your submission and the details of your vehicle closely and while we appreciate its merits, unfortunately we are unable to offer to list it at this time. We are very selective with the vehicles we accept for auction and while we wish that we could list them all, given the volume of submissions we receive and the nature of our curation process, we simply can't.

We appreciate that you considered BaT Auctions and wish you best of luck with the sale. We hope to have the opportunity to work with you in the future.

Thanks,

The Bring a Trailer Team

If your interested in what goes on behind the scenes at BaT , read the vast amount of complaints by both sellers and buyers who used the service, and discover some of the games BaT uses to get a higher bid price  and run up their sale percentages up... too bad they changed from a fun hobby sight to a den of car brokers and flippers, no surprise as they don’t care about reserves and push hi end cars on more wealthy clientele (or saps that shouldn’t be let loose placing auction bids on a used lawn chair.)

Good news! - I sold my car today!

I sucked up the apparent slight made to me by BaT, which actually was playing into my own gambling greed, which was stopping me from  going back to basics and selling my own car - face to face - with a buyer.

I forgot this process could even be a fun transaction and I can pick who I sell my car to, rather then end up dealing with an out of state buyer  or even a buyer located out of the country, then stress out if the seller would make a payment on time and in a form I would accept, then I would stress out if and when the car would be picked up.

My buyer today paid cash today, he drove away in a car he loves, he got a fair deal, but I had to suck up and kill my gambling greed that creeps in like a used car salesman in a striped wool suit f’king up an otherwise straight forward process ... if we choose it to be.

I’m sure many  folks had great experiences on BaT - but the process is rigged to pay BaT and push issues of payment and transport on to the  buyer and sellers, the stressful reality that is left to resolve  after all the excitement of the auction is over .

Got your lawn chair?

On Jun 7, 2021, at 4:56 PM, David Russel <djrussel@...> wrote:

David