Topics

Mono Wheel

Matthew Spielberg

Trying to figure out the directional steering on the wheel. It has handle bars which do what, other than control the throttle.

And the VW air supported car...could work. Be noisy as hell, and needs lots of computer assistance to "balance" and run. Anyone notice the coke can being blown away? I see bottom thrust for lift, and rear thrust for go. I have real questions about "stop".

On 3/16/2021 12:23 PM, Keith Murphy via groups.io wrote:
We all know how this mono wheel concept  ends- first the joy, then the screaming (in Korean) then the running ....

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=K4YmVP6i4qw <https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=K4YmVP6i4qw>

How the hell does one stop this thing??  And of course the slightest side to side wobble throws it totally out of control, as the slower one goes, the less stability it has - like a gyroscope which slows down and falls over - basic physics from highschool or earlier, but then maybe few Harley lovers think of that.  It's just a gyroscope oriented the wrong way.  Think it's a good idea to be a fast gymnast to handle one of these critters.

On Tue, Mar 16, 2021 at 12:51 PM Matthew Spielberg <mspielberg@...> wrote:
Trying to figure out the directional steering on the wheel. It has
handle bars which do what, other than control the throttle.

And the VW air supported car...could work. Be noisy as hell, and needs
lots of computer assistance to "balance" and run. Anyone notice the coke
can being blown away? I see bottom thrust for lift, and rear thrust for
go. I have real questions about "stop".

On 3/16/2021 12:23 PM, Keith Murphy via groups.io wrote:
> We all know how this mono wheel concept  ends- first the joy, then the
> screaming (in Korean) then the running ....
>
> https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=K4YmVP6i4qw
> <https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=K4YmVP6i4qw>

Fred Cisin

You have somebody with a lantern running ahead of you to clear the road?

In the demo footage, they did do some stops, even a few quick ones. So, maybe there is a hole in the floor to put your foot down?
Or, maybe you bring along a granite boulder or two to throw in front?