Topics

How to change all 4 tires without a jack

David Russel

Makes for easier rotating...

image.png

Ken Nelson

What is that sticking clear thru the windshield?? front seat???  Weird appearance to say least - pretty good flip!  

On Wed, Aug 19, 2020 at 9:53 PM David Russel <djrussel@...> wrote:

image.png

David Russel

Yes, seat cushions.  Windshield popped out and the seat bottoms fell out of their frames and poked out the opening.  Apparently the doors still worked and the guys used the doors to exit.  Not going to try that in mine, especially as the front has a bench seat  ;-)

On Wed, Aug 19, 2020 at 7:00 PM Ken Nelson <citbuff@...> wrote:
What is that sticking clear thru the windshield?? front seat???  Weird appearance to say least - pretty good flip!  

image.png

Ken Nelson

I like the smooth underpan - just like a DS!  Similar aerodynamics - 

Ken

On Wed, Aug 19, 2020 at 10:49 PM David Russel <djrussel@...> wrote:
Yes, seat cushions.  Windshield popped out and the seat bottoms fell out of their frames and poked out the opening.  Apparently the doors still worked and the guys used the doors to exit.  Not going to try that in mine, especially as the front has a bench seat  ;-)

image.png

David Russel

Think they did the underpans that way from the '30's on the T77 and T87, but don't know for sure.

On Wed, Aug 19, 2020 at 8:14 PM Ken Nelson <citbuff@...> wrote:

Ken

image.png

Peter Langecker

According to Prawda the Tatra is upright - the world is standing on its head.

Peter

On Aug 19, 2020, at 8:18 PM, David Russel <djrussel@...> wrote:

Think they did the underpans that way from the '30's on the T77 and T87, but don't know for sure.

Ken

<image.png>

Brian Kanamu

A mash of a couple of clips from that work of genius Happy Journey

From: ArcaneAutos@groups.io [mailto:ArcaneAutos@groups.io] On Behalf Of David Russel
Sent: Wednesday, August 19, 2020 6:53 PM
To: Arcane Mail List <ArcaneAutos@groups.io>
Subject: [ArcaneAutos] How to change all 4 tires without a jack

image.png

Virus-free. www.avast.com

Ken Nelson

Well now, that's a very different viewpoint Peter - who's Prawda?  

Ken

On Wed, Aug 19, 2020 at 11:36 PM Peter Langecker via groups.io <langeckerp=aol.com@groups.io> wrote:

Peter

Ken

<image.png>

Dick Tuttle

Do you suppose that the extreme swing axle camber change had anything to do with the Tatra being on its head?  Does Ralph Nader know about this?

Dick Tuttle

Ken Nelson

Seems there are lots of stories about the commies comandeering these Tatras and losing them in corners with overenthusiast driving and doing flips from the heavy rear ends sliding out - which could create a lot of upside-down turtles, and Cindy has always shunned these cars due to her time in Czech Republic while it was still Commie controlled.  Still, wish I could have one of these for awhile to experience their "handling" .......
I avoided buying a Lloyd Alexander wagon yrs ago - with its two cyl OHC engine up front - because of its rear swingarms - never liked that arrangement, even tho i had an NSU 1200 rear 4 cyl autostick that never felt unstable - just don't like the rear end steering the front!  

Ken

On Thu, Aug 20, 2020 at 11:21 AM Dick Tuttle via groups.io <four4dhc=aol.com@groups.io> wrote:
Do you suppose that the extreme swing axle camber change had anything to do with the Tatra being on its head?  Does Ralph Nader know about this?

Dick Tuttle

Scott Davis

My Spitfire is quite fun around the turns. understeer, understeer, WHOAH NELLY bunny hop

But underpowered enough to make it fun without being (overly) dangerous.

Scott

At 09:35 AM 8/20/2020, you wrote:
Seems there are lots of stories about the commies comandeering these Tatras and losing them in corners with overenthusiast driving and doing flips from the heavy rear ends sliding out - which could create a lot of upside-down turtles, and Cindy has always shunned these cars due to her time in Czech Republic while it was still Commie controlled. Still, wish I could have one of these for awhile to experience their "handling" .......
I avoided buying a Lloyd Alexander wagon yrs ago - with its two cyl OHC engine up front - because of its rear swingarms - never liked that arrangement, even tho i had an NSU 1200 rear 4 cyl autostick that never felt unstable - just don't like the rear end steering the front! Â

Ken

On Thu, Aug 20, 2020 at 11:21 AM Dick Tuttle via <http://groups.io>groups.io <four4dhc=<mailto:aol.com@groups.io>aol.com@groups.io> wrote:
Do you suppose that the extreme swing axle camber change had anything to do with the Tatra being on its head? Does Ralph Nader know about this?

Dick Tuttle

Bob Merlis

Have you all seen what it can do if you know how to drive it?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VD_1oGmOnFI

On Aug 20, 2020, at 10:22 AM, Scott Davis <evlist@...> wrote:

My Spitfire is quite fun around the turns. understeer, understeer, WHOAH NELLY bunny hop

But underpowered enough to make it fun without being (overly) dangerous.

Scott

At 09:35 AM 8/20/2020, you wrote:
Seems there are lots of stories about the commies comandeering these Tatras and losing them in corners with overenthusiast driving and doing flips from the heavy rear ends sliding out - which could create a lot of upside-down turtles, and Cindy has always shunned these cars due to her time in Czech Republic while it was still Commie controlled. Still, wish I could have one of these for awhile to experience their "handling" .......
I avoided buying a Lloyd Alexander wagon yrs ago - with its two cyl OHC engine up front - because of its rear swingarms - never liked that arrangement, even tho i had an NSU 1200 rear 4 cyl autostick that never felt unstable - just don't like the rear end steering the front! Â

Ken

On Thu, Aug 20, 2020 at 11:21 AM Dick Tuttle via <http://groups.io>groups.io <four4dhc=<mailto:aol.com@groups.io>aol.com@groups.io> wrote:
Do you suppose that the extreme swing axle camber change had anything to do with the Tatra being on its head? Does Ralph Nader know about this?

Dick Tuttle

Bob Merlis/M.F.H.
606 N. Larchmont Bl. #205
Los Angeles, CA 90004

Peter Langecker

Ken, during the time of the USSR the Prawda ("Truth", started in 1917 during the November revolution) was the state newspaper well know to distort facts to match with the revolutionary mandate.

So during time that picture was taken Prawda was still in full power, changing reality one article at a time.

Peter

-----Original Message-----
To: ArcaneAutos@groups.io
Sent: Wed, Aug 19, 2020 9:30 pm
Subject: Re: [ArcaneAutos] How to change all 4 tires without a jack

Ken

On Wed, Aug 19, 2020 at 11:36 PM Peter Langecker via groups.io <langeckerp=aol.com@groups.io> wrote:

Peter

Ken

<image.png>

Ken Nelson

Very interesting Peter - thanks for that!  Sounds like the predecessor to the web!   Now we don't know who to believe at all!  

Ken

On Thu, Aug 20, 2020 at 3:05 PM <langeckerp@...> wrote:

Ken, during the time of the USSR the Prawda ("Truth", started in 1917 during the November revolution) was the state newspaper well know to distort facts to match with the revolutionary mandate.

So during time that picture was taken Prawda was still in full power, changing reality one article at a time.

Peter

Ken

Peter

Ken

<image.png>

Fred Cisin

Was this in Germany or Brazil?

Matthew Spielberg

I had long heard of Pravda, and never seen it spelled.

(BTW, as a kid I knew of the comic character spelled Yosemite Sam, and having only read his name, knew him as Yo Semite in my brain. I did not connect him to the park, which I could always pronounce. I guess that I had never seen the park name spelled out)

On 8/20/2020 1:11 PM, Ken Nelson wrote:
Very interesting Peter - thanks for that!  Sounds like the predecessor to the web!   Now we don't know who to believe at all!  

Ken

Peter

Ken

Peter

Ken

<image.png>

-- 
Matthew M Spielberg
21855 Redwood Road
Castro Valley, CA 94546
(510) 886-5751
(209) 586-0250

Fred Cisin

The more canonical anglicization (American mispelling) was "PRAVDA"

On Thu, 20 Aug 2020, Ken Nelson wrote:

Very interesting Peter - thanks for that! Sounds like the predecessor to
the web! Now we don't know who to believe at all!

Ken

Ken, during the time of the USSR the Prawda ("Truth", started in 1917
during the November revolution) was the state newspaper well know to
distort facts to match with the revolutionary mandate.

So during time that picture was taken Prawda was still in full power,
changing reality one article at a time.

Peter

Ken

On Wed, Aug 19, 2020 at 11:36 PM Peter Langecker via groups.io
<langeckerp=aol.com@groups.io> wrote:

According to Prawda the Tatra is upright - the world is standing on its
head.

Peter

Fred Cisin

Another kindred spirit. When you learn a word by reading, you can only guess the pronunciation.

I had always thought that "misled" was past tense of verb "to MISLE", and pronounced "MY zuld"
"Politicians will MISLE you"

The correct spelling of the Russian newspaper requires a cyrillic font.
The third letter in the name looks like a capital 'B'
PI, 'P', 'A', 'B', isosceles trapezoid, 'A'

Pravda had nowhere near the ability to MISLE that the interwebs do.

On Thu, 20 Aug 2020, Matthew Spielberg wrote:

I had long heard of Pravda, and never seen it spelled.

(BTW, as a kid I knew of the comic character spelled Yosemite Sam, and having only read his name, knew him as Yo Semite in my brain. I did not connect him to the park, which I could always pronounce. I guess that I had never seen the park name spelled out)

On 8/20/2020 1:11 PM, Ken Nelson wrote:
Ken

Ken Nelson

Considering the language in first shot, technology, and truck signage, at least the first rollover was shot in France - unless Germans were using French technology - and the Brazilian scene could have been attached as separate video - Only the French have such a history of pneumatics that it must be from France.

Ken

On Thu, Aug 20, 2020 at 4:25 PM Fred Cisin <cisin@...> wrote:
Was this in Germany or Brazil?

David Russel

The two official Communist news outlets were Pravda (Truth) and Izvestia (which sort of translates as News or Information).  Folks in the USSR were known to "Joke" that there was no Truth in the Pravda, or News in Izvestia.

On some car, no memory of what or when, with swing axles i recall seeing a canvas strap that would keep the axle from swinging too far.  Might have been on a college roommates Corvair, but might have been some other car and at some other time.

David

On Thu, Aug 20, 2020 at 2:27 PM Fred Cisin <cisin@...> wrote:
Another kindred spirit.  When you learn a word by reading, you can only
guess the pronunciation.

I had always thought that "misled" was past tense of verb "to MISLE", and
pronounced "MY zuld"
"Politicians will MISLE you"

The correct spelling of the Russian newspaper requires a cyrillic font.
The third letter in the name looks like a capital 'B'
PI, 'P', 'A', 'B', isosceles trapezoid, 'A'

Pravda had nowhere near the ability to MISLE that the interwebs do.

On Thu, 20 Aug 2020, Matthew Spielberg wrote:

> I had long heard of Pravda, and never seen it spelled.
>
> (BTW, as a kid I knew of the comic character spelled Yosemite Sam, and having
> only read his name, knew him as Yo Semite in my brain. I did not connect him
> to the park, which I could always pronounce. I guess that I had never seen
> the park name spelled out)
>
> On 8/20/2020 1:11 PM, Ken Nelson wrote:
>> Very interesting Peter - thanks for that!  Sounds like the predecessor to
>> the web!   Now we don't know who to believe at all!
>>
>> Ken