Topics

How to change all 4 tires without a jack

David Russel

Makes for easier rotating...

image.png

Ken Nelson

What is that sticking clear thru the windshield?? front seat???  Weird appearance to say least - pretty good flip!

On Wed, Aug 19, 2020 at 9:53 PM David Russel <djrussel@...> wrote:
Makes for easier rotating...

image.png

David Russel

Yes, seat cushions.  Windshield popped out and the seat bottoms fell out of their frames and poked out the opening.  Apparently the doors still worked and the guys used the doors to exit.  Not going to try that in mine, especially as the front has a bench seat  ;-)

On Wed, Aug 19, 2020 at 7:00 PM Ken Nelson <citbuff@...> wrote:
What is that sticking clear thru the windshield?? front seat???  Weird appearance to say least - pretty good flip!

On Wed, Aug 19, 2020 at 9:53 PM David Russel <djrussel@...> wrote:
Makes for easier rotating...

image.png

Ken Nelson

I like the smooth underpan - just like a DS!  Similar aerodynamics -

Ken

On Wed, Aug 19, 2020 at 10:49 PM David Russel <djrussel@...> wrote:
Yes, seat cushions.  Windshield popped out and the seat bottoms fell out of their frames and poked out the opening.  Apparently the doors still worked and the guys used the doors to exit.  Not going to try that in mine, especially as the front has a bench seat  ;-)

On Wed, Aug 19, 2020 at 7:00 PM Ken Nelson <citbuff@...> wrote:
What is that sticking clear thru the windshield?? front seat???  Weird appearance to say least - pretty good flip!

On Wed, Aug 19, 2020 at 9:53 PM David Russel <djrussel@...> wrote:
Makes for easier rotating...

image.png

David Russel

Think they did the underpans that way from the '30's on the T77 and T87, but don't know for sure.

On Wed, Aug 19, 2020 at 8:14 PM Ken Nelson <citbuff@...> wrote:
I like the smooth underpan - just like a DS!  Similar aerodynamics -

Ken

On Wed, Aug 19, 2020 at 10:49 PM David Russel <djrussel@...> wrote:
Yes, seat cushions.  Windshield popped out and the seat bottoms fell out of their frames and poked out the opening.  Apparently the doors still worked and the guys used the doors to exit.  Not going to try that in mine, especially as the front has a bench seat  ;-)

On Wed, Aug 19, 2020 at 7:00 PM Ken Nelson <citbuff@...> wrote:
What is that sticking clear thru the windshield?? front seat???  Weird appearance to say least - pretty good flip!

On Wed, Aug 19, 2020 at 9:53 PM David Russel <djrussel@...> wrote:
Makes for easier rotating...

image.png

Peter Langecker

According to Prawda the Tatra is upright - the world is standing on its head.

Peter

On Aug 19, 2020, at 8:18 PM, David Russel <djrussel@...> wrote:

[...]

Brian Kanamu

A mash of a couple of clips from that work of genius Happy Journey

Well now, that's a very different viewpoint Peter - who's Prawda?

Ken

On Wed, Aug 19, 2020 at 11:36 PM Peter Langecker via groups.io <langeckerp=aol.com@groups.io> wrote:
[...]

Dick Tuttle

Do you suppose that the extreme swing axle camber change had anything to do with the Tatra being on its head?  Does Ralph Nader know about this?

Seems there are lots of stories about the commies comandeering these Tatras and losing them in corners with overenthusiast driving and doing flips from the heavy rear ends sliding out - which could create a lot of upside-down turtles, and Cindy has always shunned these cars due to her time in Czech Republic while it was still Commie controlled.  Still, wish I could have one of these for awhile to experience their "handling" .......
I avoided buying a Lloyd Alexander wagon yrs ago - with its two cyl OHC engine up front - because of its rear swingarms - never liked that arrangement, even tho i had an NSU 1200 rear 4 cyl autostick that never felt unstable - just don't like the rear end steering the front!

Ken

On Thu, Aug 20, 2020 at 11:21 AM Dick Tuttle via groups.io <four4dhc=aol.com@groups.io> wrote:
Do you suppose that the extreme swing axle camber change had anything to do with the Tatra being on its head?  Does Ralph Nader know about this?

Dick Tuttle

Scott Davis

My Spitfire is quite fun around the turns. understeer, understeer, WHOAH NELLY bunny hop

But underpowered enough to make it fun without being (overly) dangerous.

Scott

At 09:35 AM 8/20/2020, you wrote:
Seems there are lots of stories about the commies comandeering these Tatras and losing them in corners with overenthusiast driving and doing flips from the heavy rear ends sliding out - which could create a lot of upside-down turtles, and Cindy has always shunned these cars due to her time in Czech Republic while it was still Commie controlled. Still, wish I could have one of these for awhile to experience their "handling" .......
I avoided buying a Lloyd Alexander wagon yrs ago - with its two cyl OHC engine up front - because of its rear swingarms - never liked that arrangement, even tho i had an NSU 1200 rear 4 cyl autostick that never felt unstable - just don't like the rear end steering the front! Â

Ken

On Thu, Aug 20, 2020 at 11:21 AM Dick Tuttle via <http://groups.io>groups.io <four4dhc=<mailto:aol.com@groups.io>aol.com@groups.io> wrote:
Do you suppose that the extreme swing axle camber change had anything to do with the Tatra being on its head? Does Ralph Nader know about this?

Dick Tuttle

Bob Merlis

Have you all seen what it can do if you know how to drive it?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VD_1oGmOnFI

At 09:35 AM 8/20/2020, you wrote:
[...]

Bob Merlis/M.F.H.
606 N. Larchmont Bl. #205
Los Angeles, CA 90004
323.962.6887

Peter Langecker

Ken, during the time of the USSR the Prawda ("Truth", started in 1917 during the November revolution) was the state newspaper well know to distort facts to match with the revolutionary mandate.

So during time that picture was taken Prawda was still in full power, changing reality one article at a time.

Peter

[...]

Very interesting Peter - thanks for that!  Sounds like the predecessor to the web!   Now we don't know who to believe at all!

Ken

On Thu, Aug 20, 2020 at 3:05 PM <langeckerp@...> wrote:

[...]

Fred Cisin

Was this in Germany or Brazil?

Matthew Spielberg

I had long heard of Pravda, and never seen it spelled.

(BTW, as a kid I knew of the comic character spelled Yosemite Sam, and having only read his name, knew him as Yo Semite in my brain. I did not connect him to the park, which I could always pronounce. I guess that I had never seen the park name spelled out)

On 8/20/2020 1:11 PM, Ken Nelson wrote:
[...]

The more canonical anglicization (American mispelling) was "PRAVDA"