Gas tank cleaner/sealer?


Ken Nelson
 

Where do I go these days to get a gastank cleaned and coated inside against rust?  Can't find any of the radiator shops I used to go to for tank cleaning - is Gastankrenu out of business??

Ken 


sujit roy
 

I got mine done at San Jose Radiator. Paid $400. There was a place in San Mateo which was charging slightly less, but the time and gas expense wasn't worth it. I have a 13 gallon tank.

Sujit


On Fri, Aug 12, 2022 at 11:42 PM, Ken Nelson
<citbuff@...> wrote:
Where do I go these days to get a gastank cleaned and coated inside against rust?  Can't find any of the radiator shops I used to go to for tank cleaning - is Gastankrenu out of business??

Ken 


sujit roy
 

Another option I'd filling it with evapor rust and shake it.


On Fri, Aug 12, 2022 at 11:42 PM, Ken Nelson
<citbuff@...> wrote:
Where do I go these days to get a gastank cleaned and coated inside against rust?  Can't find any of the radiator shops I used to go to for tank cleaning - is Gastankrenu out of business??

Ken 


Matthew Spielberg
 

Just had mine done in Hayward at Pankeys Radiator for $275. Took 3 days.

Found and repaired a couple of pinholes Discovered in the clean out 
No extra charge
Sent from my IBM Selectric

On Aug 13, 2022, at 5:15 AM, sujit roy via groups.io <sujitroy@...> wrote:

Another option I'd filling it with evapor rust and shake it.


On Fri, Aug 12, 2022 at 11:42 PM, Ken Nelson
<citbuff@...> wrote:
Where do I go these days to get a gastank cleaned and coated inside against rust?  Can't find any of the radiator shops I used to go to for tank cleaning - is Gastankrenu out of business??

Ken 


Bryan Pridmore
 

Pankey's did one of mine for under $400 and another one after attempting to repair (major) informed me without charge it was unrepairable for them.


On Sat, Aug 13, 2022 at 6:56 AM Matthew Spielberg <mspielberg@...> wrote:
Just had mine done in Hayward at Pankeys Radiator for $275. Took 3 days.

Found and repaired a couple of pinholes Discovered in the clean out 
No extra charge
Sent from my IBM Selectric

On Aug 13, 2022, at 5:15 AM, sujit roy via groups.io <sujitroy=yahoo.com@groups.io> wrote:

Another option I'd filling it with evapor rust and shake it.


On Fri, Aug 12, 2022 at 11:42 PM, Ken Nelson
<citbuff@...> wrote:
Where do I go these days to get a gastank cleaned and coated inside against rust?  Can't find any of the radiator shops I used to go to for tank cleaning - is Gastankrenu out of business??

Ken 



--
Bryan Pridmore 
cos5speed@...



Ken Nelson
 

Thanks Matt - will go to them!

Ken


On Aug 13, 2022, at 8:01 AM, Bryan Pridmore <cos5speed@...> wrote:


Pankey's did one of mine for under $400 and another one after attempting to repair (major) informed me without charge it was unrepairable for them.

On Sat, Aug 13, 2022 at 6:56 AM Matthew Spielberg <mspielberg@...> wrote:
Just had mine done in Hayward at Pankeys Radiator for $275. Took 3 days.

Found and repaired a couple of pinholes Discovered in the clean out 
No extra charge
Sent from my IBM Selectric

On Aug 13, 2022, at 5:15 AM, sujit roy via groups.io <sujitroy=yahoo.com@groups.io> wrote:

Another option I'd filling it with evapor rust and shake it.


On Fri, Aug 12, 2022 at 11:42 PM, Ken Nelson
<citbuff@...> wrote:
Where do I go these days to get a gastank cleaned and coated inside against rust?  Can't find any of the radiator shops I used to go to for tank cleaning - is Gastankrenu out of business??

Ken 



--
Bryan Pridmore 
cos5speed@...