Topics

Drive shafts

Matthew Spielberg

I am informed that half shafts will probably not work. Their design parameters (I love geek speak) are for wheel speed of maybe 250 rpm, which is about 1/10 th of what we need.
Sent from my IBM Selectric

Chris Ice

If you send a reasonably detailed drawing to the folks at Moser, the can probably make it for you for a pretty reasonable price.  I have had custom half-shafts made for two of our race cars now; they do drive shafts, axles, etc. and are knowledgeable and aren't bothered at all by weird stuff.

https://www.moserengineering.com/

justin.pirie

I'm using Drive Line Services-San Leandro at the moment for my race car. They're the only people local to the Bay Area I can find that will fabricate and fix aluminum driveshafts. They seem like they know their stuff and getting them built locally is a lot cheaper than shipping them...

Matthew Spielberg

Thanks to all for your input.
Normal front wheel drive shafts turn at wheel speed, and only a front engine/rear transaxle set up would be engine speed/high speed in normal application is what I am looking for.

Fred Cisin

or front shaft of 4WD (transfer case to front differential)

or previa SADS.

I can't think of a rear engine front drive car, . . .

On Mon, 23 Mar 2020, Matthew Spielberg wrote:

Thanks to all for your input.
Normal front wheel drive shafts turn at wheel speed, and only a front engine/rear transaxle set up would be engine speed/high speed in normal application is what I am looking for.

Tom Rymes

Alfa Milano, Alfetta, or GTV6 driveshaft would be options, too, no?

1997+ Corvettes (C5 - C7) have transaxles, too, haven't they?

Tom