Topics

Dorset

Bill Wilkman

I'm plugging away at the restoration of my 1947 Austin A40 Dorset.  Just got the car back from the paint shop.  Starside Designs did a spectacular job on the body work and paint job.  I'm now working on the upholstery. 

Bill Wilkman
Riverside, CA

Digital Czech

Nice… can I ask what the paint cost you?

Pete

On Apr 26, 2020, at 10:17 AM, Bill Wilkman via groups.io <wilkmanracing@...> wrote:

I'm plugging away at the restoration of my 1947 Austin A40 Dorset.  Just got the car back from the paint shop.  Starside Designs did a spectacular job on the body work and paint job.  I'm now working on the upholstery. 

Bill Wilkman
Riverside, CA
<PaintJobReduced.jpg>

Bill Wilkman

About $6,000

-----Original Message-----
To: ArcaneAutos@groups.io
Sent: Sun, Apr 26, 2020 9:34 pm
Subject: Re: [ArcaneAutos] Dorset

Pete

On Apr 26, 2020, at 10:17 AM, Bill Wilkman via groups.io <wilkmanracing@...> wrote:

Bill Wilkman
Riverside, CA
<PaintJobReduced.jpg>

Christopher Freitas

What color is that - is there a code for it?   I like it! 

On Mon, Apr 27, 2020 at 12:28 AM Bill Wilkman via groups.io <wilkmanracing=aol.com@groups.io> wrote:
About $6,000

From: Digital Czech via groups.io <digitalczech=yahoo.com@groups.io>

Pete

Bill Wilkman
Riverside, CA
<PaintJobReduced.jpg>

--

Bill Wilkman

It's a Fiat color called Verde Chiaro Color Code: PGA/KGA. My intention was to come as close to the car's original color, Mist Green, with a color I could order anytime and not worry as to whether the color could be properly matched.

Bill Wilkman
Riverside, CA

Sent: Mon, Apr 27, 2020 9:31 am

What color is that - is there a code for it?   I like it! 

On Mon, Apr 27, 2020 at 12:28 AM Bill Wilkman via groups.io <wilkmanracing=aol.com@groups.io> wrote:
About $6,000

From: Digital Czech via groups.io <digitalczech=yahoo.com@groups.io>

Pete

Bill Wilkman
Riverside, CA
<PaintJobReduced.jpg>

--

Christopher Freitas

Thanks!   That color looks pretty close to one I am looking for for a 1962 Citroen 2CV which was offered that year called "Vert Embrun".   I'll have to look for a Fiat 500 in that color to see.   

Here is a couple of 2CVs in that color (not mine!) - always hard to tell from photos and on a computer though... 

2cvgarage_2cv-Sahara_No556_Vert-Embrun_1963-0972-864x1296.jpg
2cvgarage_2cv-9234-1350x900.jpg
tumblr_phe80j45ng1u8imavo2_500.jpg

Charles

I have a 1962 Citroen2CV in that exact green color, like your second photo. 
Unfortunately, mine is not the four wheel drive, twin engine Sahara like your first photo!

Charles Gould