Topics

Dorset

Bill Wilkman

I'm plugging away at the restoration of my 1947 Austin A40 Dorset.  Just got the car back from the paint shop.  Starside Designs did a spectacular job on the body work and paint job.  I'm now working on the upholstery.

Bill Wilkman
Riverside, CA

Digital Czech

Nice… can I ask what the paint cost you?

Pete

On Apr 26, 2020, at 10:17 AM, Bill Wilkman via groups.io <wilkmanracing@...> wrote:

I'm plugging away at the restoration of my 1947 Austin A40 Dorset.  Just got the car back from the paint shop.  Starside Designs did a spectacular job on the body work and paint job.  I'm now working on the upholstery.

Bill Wilkman
Riverside, CA
<PaintJobReduced.jpg>

Bill Wilkman

About $6,000

Nice… can I ask what the paint cost you?

Pete

On Apr 26, 2020, at 10:17 AM, Bill Wilkman via groups.io <wilkmanracing@...> wrote:

I'm plugging away at the restoration of my 1947 Austin A40 Dorset.  Just got the car back from the paint shop.  Starside Designs did a spectacular job on the body work and paint job.  I'm now working on the upholstery.

Bill Wilkman
Riverside, CA
<PaintJobReduced.jpg>

Christopher Freitas

What color is that - is there a code for it?   I like it!

About $6,000

--

Bill Wilkman

It's a Fiat color called Verde Chiaro Color Code: PGA/KGA. My intention was to come as close to the car's original color, Mist Green, with a color I could order anytime and not worry as to whether the color could be properly matched.

Bill Wilkman
Riverside, CA