Day 2 - Ferndale Concours on Main, Sept 9

David Russel

F. Y. I.

Begin forwarded message:

From: "Pat Wille, Ferndale Concours Executive Director" <pat@...>
Date: July 16, 2022 at 1:18:49 PM PDT
To: djrussel@...
Subject: Day 2 -  Ferndale Concours on Main, Sept 9

Ferndale Concours on Main

September 8 - 12

Hello Concours Enthusiast,

June and half of July are now in our taillights. This means that the cutoff date for Ferndale Concours on Main registration is only 4 weeks away. As I mentioned before, the field is limited and the registrations are coming in earlier this year.

Day Two is all about settling in to and taking in Eel River Valley and the uniqueness of Humboldt County.

Even if you can't make it this year, we hope you enjoy learning more about this Concours. And please, forward this message to anyone you know who may be interested and have them contact me so they can be added to our Ferndale Concours list.

This is a Concours that’s like no other.

Find Out More
Register Today
Friday, September 9 - Day Two
On Friday morning we'll head out to Fern Cottage, only a few miles from Ferndale, for a docent-led tour.

This isn't any old cottage near the beach. Built in 1866 and carefully maintained, it's more like a personal museum. You're going to enjoy this tour.

Originally the home of Joseph & Zipporah Russ, a Ferndale founding family.
Tuyas
Friday lunch is on your own which gives you the opportunity to explore more of Ferndale.

You can ask anyone on Main Street for their lunch  recommendation.

And you can checkout this list of eateries on visitferndale.com.
After lunch we'll be heading north to Eureka for a tour of Lost Coast Brewery's state-of-the-art facilities. We'll learn a bit about the Lost Coast story and their brewing process.

Of course we'll be sampling their delicious beers.  Lost Coast also has their own root beer.
From there we’ll visit Carl’s Car World, a boutique of everything automobile, collected by mega-auto dealer Carl Schneider.
We know you'll be impressed with Carl's collection.
Friday Reception
The Old Steeple

We'll head back to Ferndale for a relaxing reception with local wines and hors d'oeuvres in the vestibule of The Old Steeple.

Plan to stay for a bluegrass concert following the reception because the John Jorgenson Bluegrass Band is performing at The Old Steeple.

"Legends like Elton John, Earl Scruggs and Duane Eddy along with fellow guitarists such as Tommy Emmanuel, Peter Frampton and Brad Paisley had sung (John) Jorgenson's praises..."

This concert is a public event. You'll need to purchase tickets to attend. Online ticket sales will be available soon.  This concert will be recorded for an episode of the public television series "Live from The Old Steeple" which airs on PBS.
Lodging in Ferndale and Humboldt

The Victorian Inn is the Concours’ headquarters hotel.

While Ferndale has fantastic options, you should secure your lodging asap.

Fernale Airbnb

Overview of your Concours Weekend

Thursday, September 8: Starting in San Rafael, a visit to a private automobile collection, a winery, lunch, the Redwoods and dinner.

Friday, September 9: A tour of an exquisite cottage near the ocean, a brewery, Carl's Car World and fun yet relaxing reception.

Saturday, September 10: A visit to the Trees of Mystery in Del Norte County, a private 60+ vehicle collection featuring brass-era autos,
culminating the day with dinner at the Carson Mansion in Eureka.

Sunday, September 11: Concours day on Main Street in Ferndale followed by a traditional dinner right off Main Street.

Monday, September 12: “Hate to See You Go” breakfast in Ferndale.

Schedule Details

Space is limited.

Our “field”, on Ferndale’s historic Main Street, is limited to 100 vehicles.
Make sure you send in your
registration application early so you don't miss out.
Learn all about our festival of automotive fun at our
website.
Hope to see you in September!

Register Today
Pat Wille
Executive Director
Ferndale Concours on Main

pat@...
Brought to you by The Ferndale Chamber of Commerce, Humboldt Lodging Alliance and all our other wonderful sponsors

This email was sent to djrussel@...
Ferndale Chamber of Commerce · PO Box 325 · Ferndale, CA 95536-0325 · USA