Topics

[CaliforniaMelee] FS 1963 Renault Caravelle at Newark Pick N Pull

David Russel
 

The Caravelle is available as a whole car at this point. Hope someone will save it. 

David 

Sent From Mobile Phone

Begin forwarded message:

From: "No Spam via groups.io" <trylby_94105=yahoo.com@groups.io>
Date: May 6, 2020 at 11:50:06 AM PDT
To: CaliforniaMelee@groups.io
Subject: [CaliforniaMelee] FS 1963 Renault Caravelle at Newark Pick N Pull
Reply-To: CaliforniaMelee@groups.io


Saw it the other day when harvesting Benz bits:




David Bruckmann
 

Thanks David, I've passed the word along to Marc Jaffe in case he didn't already know, and will send out a note to our membership. That car looks more than salvageable!


On Wed, May 6, 2020 at 12:21 PM David Russel <djrussel@...> wrote:
The Caravelle is available as a whole car at this point. Hope someone will save it. 

David 

Sent From Mobile Phone

Begin forwarded message:

From: "No Spam via groups.io" <trylby_94105=yahoo.com@groups.io>
Date: May 6, 2020 at 11:50:06 AM PDT
To: CaliforniaMelee@groups.io
Subject: [CaliforniaMelee] FS 1963 Renault Caravelle at Newark Pick N Pull
Reply-To: CaliforniaMelee@groups.io


Saw it the other day when harvesting Benz bits:




Jesse C.
 

Is there a known price for the Caravelle?

David Russel
 

I think you need to call the Newark location and talk to a real live person.  Tried searching on-line with no hit on Caravelle or on Renault, but don't trust that their on-line listings are accurate, especially for little orphans.

On Wed, May 6, 2020 at 2:09 PM Jesse C. <whatwouldjessedo@...> wrote:
Is there a known price for the Caravelle?

Dick Tuttle
 

Nice looking cars.  Just don't open both doors at the same time.


-----Original Message-----
From: David Russel <djrussel@...>
To: Arcane Mail List <ArcaneAutos@groups.io>
Sent: Wed, May 6, 2020 2:20 pm
Subject: Re: [ArcaneAutos] [CaliforniaMelee] FS 1963 Renault Caravelle at Newark Pick N Pull

I think you need to call the Newark location and talk to a real live person.  Tried searching on-line with no hit on Caravelle or on Renault, but don't trust that their on-line listings are accurate, especially for little orphans.

On Wed, May 6, 2020 at 2:09 PM Jesse C. <whatwouldjessedo@...> wrote:
Is there a known price for the Caravelle?

David Russel
 

With hard top in place opening both doors at same time should be ok. 

David 

Sent From Mobile Phone

On May 6, 2020, at 2:53 PM, Dick Tuttle via groups.io <four4dhc=aol.com@groups.io> wrote:


Nice looking cars.  Just don't open both doors at the same time.


-----Original Message-----
From: David Russel <djrussel@...>
To: Arcane Mail List <ArcaneAutos@groups.io>
Sent: Wed, May 6, 2020 2:20 pm
Subject: Re: [ArcaneAutos] [CaliforniaMelee] FS 1963 Renault Caravelle at Newark Pick N Pull

I think you need to call the Newark location and talk to a real live person.  Tried searching on-line with no hit on Caravelle or on Renault, but don't trust that their on-line listings are accurate, especially for little orphans.

On Wed, May 6, 2020 at 2:09 PM Jesse C. <whatwouldjessedo@...> wrote:
Is there a known price for the Caravelle?

Ken Nelson
 

Dick's absolutely right - do NOT open both doors at once, altho having had two '67 Caravelles - one in Mich that ran and one here that also ran, the Mich. car's sills had been filled with instafoam and painted to match the body.  I was new to them back then, and when I opened the RH door, noticed that the body latch was beaten to pieces.  The latches are when kept these cars from folding up!  The Ca. car I bought near SJ was much more solid, but someone might get lucky as I seem to remember reading that around 63 or was it 65, Renault reinforced the sills a bit to keep them from bending with heavy passengers.  

Remember, all Renault did to make the Caravelles was saw the roof off the Dauphine and change bodypanels, but didn't reinforce the sills to account for removing the roof - until later!.  
And if anyone needs info on these cars or help figuring them out, I'll fill you in on the 4 wheel disc brakes and their very strange calipers, but that's another story.  BTW, anyone know where I could acquire a head for an R16, with the carb and exh manifolds unified and on Pass side of engine?  Need one, and I just learned R12 heads are same.  

Ken

On Wed, May 6, 2020 at 2:53 PM Dick Tuttle via groups.io <four4dhc=aol.com@groups.io> wrote:
Nice looking cars.  Just don't open both doors at the same time.


-----Original Message-----
From: David Russel <djrussel@...>
To: Arcane Mail List <ArcaneAutos@groups.io>
Sent: Wed, May 6, 2020 2:20 pm
Subject: Re: [ArcaneAutos] [CaliforniaMelee] FS 1963 Renault Caravelle at Newark Pick N Pull

I think you need to call the Newark location and talk to a real live person.  Tried searching on-line with no hit on Caravelle or on Renault, but don't trust that their on-line listings are accurate, especially for little orphans.

On Wed, May 6, 2020 at 2:09 PM Jesse C. <whatwouldjessedo@...> wrote:
Is there a known price for the Caravelle?