Topics

CA trailer plate question(s)

Brian Kanamu

I have the opportunity to get a free pair of sequential black CA trailer plates that were used on a mobile home back in the black plate days.  My hope is to learn that 1) the config (number set) is clear to use and, 2) they're applicable to any trailer of black plate vintage if you can YOM a trailer (or use in lieu of a vanity black plate).  The plates have nothing identifying them as any specific class or purpose, just black CA plates with letter letter ####.  Does anyone have advice on how to go about this quest?  Many thanks.

Keith Murphy

On Feb 9, 2021, at 8:32 PM, Brian Kanamu via groups.io <citromatic@...> wrote:

I have the opportunity to get a free pair of sequential black CA trailer plates that were used on a mobile home back in the black plate days.  My hope is to learn that 1) the config (number set) is clear to use and, 2) they're applicable to any trailer of black plate vintage if you can YOM a trailer (or use in lieu of a vanity black plate).  The plates have nothing identifying them as any specific class or purpose, just black CA plates with letter letter ####.  Does anyone have advice on how to go about this quest?  Many thanks.

Brian Kanamu

All I find is limited info on vanity plates.  Because of the virus they aren’t doing them and that part of the site is disabled.  Were you trying to steer me to a config checker?

I have the opportunity to get a free pair of sequential black CA trailer plates that were used on a mobile home back in the black plate days.  My hope is to learn that 1) the config (number set) is clear to use and, 2) they're applicable to any trailer of black plate vintage if you can YOM a trailer (or use in lieu of a vanity black plate).  The plates have nothing identifying them as any specific class or purpose, just black CA plates with letter letter ####.  Does anyone have advice on how to go about this quest?  Many thanks.

Bill Simpkins

Trailer use or RV only, different configuration of numbers on cars

On Tuesday, February 9, 2021, 9:20 PM, Brian Kanamu via groups.io <citromatic@...> wrote:

All I find is limited info on vanity plates.  Because of the virus they aren’t doing them and that part of the site is disabled.  Were you trying to steer me to a config checker?

I have the opportunity to get a free pair of sequential black CA trailer plates that were used on a mobile home back in the black plate days.  My hope is to learn that 1) the config (number set) is clear to use and, 2) they're applicable to any trailer of black plate vintage if you can YOM a trailer (or use in lieu of a vanity black plate).  The plates have nothing identifying them as any specific class or purpose, just black CA plates with letter letter ####.  Does anyone have advice on how to go about this quest?  Many thanks.

Brian Kanamu

Figured as much.  Just wondering if a trailer plate is a trailer plate as long as it doesn’t say otherwise on it.