brake line tubing recommendations

sujit roy

I bought a good quality brake line flaring tool.  I bought some tube (4LIFETIMELINES brand) from Amazon - it was rated well, but I was not able to make good 45 degree flares from it. 
Someone else just recently posted photo of bad flares made by the same brand of tube using a similar tool The material is copper-nickel.

Could anyone who has made their own lines, recommend a good brand of tube to buy?

This is what I bought.
https://www.amazon.com/dp/B07VVMMWGM/ref=redir_mobile_desktop?_encoding=UTF8&aaxitk=c9c54853ae42baf33d9f5cb09de07d27&hsa_cr_id=8264140270401&pd_rd_plhdr=t&pd_rd_r=52f75d2b-80af-4962-affd-96092086c562&pd_rd_w=oKRvo&pd_rd_wg=mhf9E&ref_=sbx_be_s_sparkle_mcd_asin_1_img

Sujit

Raymond Nierlich

Sujit, 
I have been making my own lines for years. I also have had problems with the newer seamless copper/nickel tubing made in China. I usually get a decent result 9 times out of 10 with it. You must be very meticulous that the at end of your pipe is cut square and deburred perfectly. A smidge of moly grease on the die (the one forming the flare, not the clamping pair) helps a bit.
BrakeQuip (as of last time I bought tubing) sells better quality cunifer tubing branded as Ezibend. You need to find a BrakeQuip dealer near you to buy it. Tubing | BrakeQuip

Best,
Ray

On Wednesday, March 23, 2022, 09:19:19 AM PDT, sujit roy via groups.io <sujitroy@...> wrote:

I bought a good quality brake line flaring tool.  I bought some tube (4LIFETIMELINES brand) from Amazon - it was rated well, but I was not able to make good 45 degree flares from it. 
Someone else just recently posted photo of bad flares made by the same brand of tube using a similar tool The material is copper-nickel.

Could anyone who has made their own lines, recommend a good brand of tube to buy?

This is what I bought.
https://www.amazon.com/dp/B07VVMMWGM/ref=redir_mobile_desktop?_encoding=UTF8&aaxitk=c9c54853ae42baf33d9f5cb09de07d27&hsa_cr_id=8264140270401&pd_rd_plhdr=t&pd_rd_r=52f75d2b-80af-4962-affd-96092086c562&pd_rd_w=oKRvo&pd_rd_wg=mhf9E&ref_=sbx_be_s_sparkle_mcd_asin_1_img

Sujit

Ken Nelson

Good info Ray - thanks!  I've got some tubing but haven't used it yet, so will see if I need to switch to the better stuff -

Ken Nelson

On Wed, Mar 23, 2022 at 3:03 PM Raymond Nierlich via groups.io <ray_nierlich=yahoo.com@groups.io> wrote:
Sujit, 
I have been making my own lines for years. I also have had problems with the newer seamless copper/nickel tubing made in China. I usually get a decent result 9 times out of 10 with it. You must be very meticulous that the at end of your pipe is cut square and deburred perfectly. A smidge of moly grease on the die (the one forming the flare, not the clamping pair) helps a bit.
BrakeQuip (as of last time I bought tubing) sells better quality cunifer tubing branded as Ezibend. You need to find a BrakeQuip dealer near you to buy it. Tubing | BrakeQuip

Best,
Ray

On Wednesday, March 23, 2022, 09:19:19 AM PDT, sujit roy via groups.io <sujitroy=yahoo.com@groups.io> wrote:

This is what I bought.

Sujit

sujit roy

Thanks, I tried to order some 1/4" from Eastwood, but they are out until May.
Regards, Sujit

justin.pirie

I have a similar tool Sujit and have had really good luck with the flares.... they do take good patience and care to do right.

I've ordered this and this for 3/16" brake line for the E30- no issues thus far (apart from forgetting the nut a few times!!!)