From: Geoff Kirkpatrick via groups.io <britcarnut@...>
To: arcaneautos@groups.io <arcaneautos@groups.io>
Sent: Tue, Sep 21, 2021 9:26 am
Subject: Re: [ArcaneAutos] Another Lame Lane (almost) car

What a hilarious, strange little car. Kudos to Micron for trying something different. Apparently not very good, but certainly different. Emoji

Geoff K.

Ken Nelson

I'd like to see the enngineering of the front end also - sure it  looks like a flexible flyer sled, but it's still a car!

Ken

On Tue, Sep 21, 2021 at 4:09 PM Dick Tuttle via groups.io <four4dhc=aol.com@groups.io> wrote:
This is a very interesting car and I would like to know more about it. The narrative was kind of subjective, superficial and negative and left me wondering about a lot of features of the car, like the type of engine and how the axle steering (Bedelia style) worked with front wheel drive (Seldon patent style).  Seems like he could have found out how reverse worked. It looked nicely made with limber suspension.  I'll have do some research.

What a hilarious, strange little car. Kudos to Micron for trying something different. Apparently not very good, but certainly different. Emoji

Geoff K.

agh19

The Lane has a pretty good website and there are some more details on the Moncron here: https://www.lanemotormuseum.org/collection/cars/item/micron-monocar-cyclecar-1924

Lou