Another Lame Lane (almost) car

Craig Parada

Ken Nelson

Vary scary!!

Ken

Geoff Kirkpatrick

What a hilarious, strange little car. Kudos to Micron for trying something different. Apparently not very good, but certainly different. Emoji

Geoff K.

Dick Tuttle

This is a very interesting car and I would like to know more about it. The narrative was kind of subjective, superficial and negative and left me wondering about a lot of features of the car, like the type of engine and how the axle steering (Bedelia style) worked with front wheel drive (Seldon patent style).  Seems like he could have found out how reverse worked. It looked nicely made with limber suspension.  I'll have do some research.

Dick Tuttle

-----Original Message-----
To: arcaneautos@groups.io <arcaneautos@groups.io>
Sent: Tue, Sep 21, 2021 9:26 am
Subject: Re: [ArcaneAutos] Another Lame Lane (almost) car

What a hilarious, strange little car. Kudos to Micron for trying something different. Apparently not very good, but certainly different. Emoji

Geoff K.

Ken Nelson

I'd like to see the enngineering of the front end also - sure it  looks like a flexible flyer sled, but it's still a car! 

Ken

On Tue, Sep 21, 2021 at 4:09 PM Dick Tuttle via groups.io <four4dhc=aol.com@groups.io> wrote:
This is a very interesting car and I would like to know more about it. The narrative was kind of subjective, superficial and negative and left me wondering about a lot of features of the car, like the type of engine and how the axle steering (Bedelia style) worked with front wheel drive (Seldon patent style).  Seems like he could have found out how reverse worked. It looked nicely made with limber suspension.  I'll have do some research.

Dick Tuttle

From: Geoff Kirkpatrick via groups.io <britcarnut=yahoo.com@groups.io>

Geoff K.

agh19

The Lane has a pretty good website and there are some more details on the Moncron here: https://www.lanemotormuseum.org/collection/cars/item/micron-monocar-cyclecar-1924

Lou

Hi All,               
    This is all I could find on the Micron:   
Lou      

PS:   Is this a Crosley?       

On 9/21/2021 1:09 PM, Dick Tuttle via groups.io wrote:
This is a very interesting car and I would like to know more about it. The narrative was kind of subjective, superficial and negative and left me wondering about a lot of features of the car, like the type of engine and how the axle steering (Bedelia style) worked with front wheel drive (Seldon patent style).  Seems like he could have found out how reverse worked. It looked nicely made with limber suspension.  I'll have do some research.

Dick Tuttle

Geoff K.

Peter Langecker

Agree, and one has to remember that these cycle cars were derived from motorcycles - some of which did have an engine on the front wheel that would be turning with the wheel. Thinking of a Velo Solex, for example. 

Velosolex ORBEA YEARS 50
And thus it would not be too far fetched to use an assembly that was derived from the way motorcycles turn their front wheels.

Peter Langecker

To: ArcaneAutos@groups.io
Sent: Wed, Sep 22, 2021 8:14 am

Hi All,               
    This is all I could find on the Micron:   
Lou      

PS:   Is this a Crosley?       

On 9/21/2021 1:09 PM, Dick Tuttle via groups.io wrote:

Dick Tuttle

Geoff K.