Announcing West Coast Citroen Rendez Vous 2022

David Bruckmann

The San Francisco Region Citroën Car Club is proud to present this year’s West Coast Citroën Rendez Vous, October 21st through 23rd, 2022, in Sonora, California

THE VENUE

After considering venues all the way from Pacific Grove east through Salinas and San Juan Bautista, we are pleased to announce that we settled on Sonora.

In the beautiful Sierra Nevada Foothills and at the very heart of California's "Gold Country", the town is named after the miners from Sonora Mexico who settled the City in 1848. Known as the "Queen of the Southern Mines", Sonora still holds on to its historic downtown charm while thriving as the commercial, government and cultural center for the region.

Our home base for the weekend will be the Best Western Sonora Oaks Hotel. Rooms include a full breakfast, WiFi, and access to the on-site pool. Our group rate is $144/night and they've agreed to offer that rate for 30 rooms. After that it is market rate, which is usually about $165/night.

THE PROGRAMME

On Friday night we will welcome people at the registration area. You're encouraged to join us for a casual, prepare-your-own dinner on the hotel BBQ, or drop by for drinks before exploring dinner options in town. We will send more information about that as the date approaches.

On Saturday morning we'll head out on a scenic drive through incredibly beautiful foothills. Our endpoint will be the home of longtime SFRCCC members Susan and Peter Kendall. There we will enjoy included soft drinks and whichever of these boxed lunches you’ve selected at registration:

Thanksgiving
Roasted Turkey, spiced cranberry sauce, mayo, lettuce, on "stuffing" bread.
OR
Roast Beef
Roasted and sliced tri-tip, horseradish cream cheese spread, caramelized onions, lettuce, on a ciabatta roll.
OR
Veggie
Sautéed onions, peppers, and mushrooms, with alfalfa sprouts, tomato, cucumber, Provolone cheese, fresh hummus, on sliced multi-grain bread.

Over lunch, hang out and chat amongst the cars, and take in a technical session or two under the lift in Peter's dream garage.

The Kendalls live just 10 minutes away from both downtown Sonora and the hotel, so Saturday afternoon you can either dip into a museum in town, or dip into the hotel's pool. Your choice!

From 6pm on Saturday we will enjoy finger food and beverages in advance of a 7pm plated dinner at the hotel's Oak Glen room. You’ll start with an appetizer and whichever of these options you selected at registration:

Grilled Moroccan Chicken Supreme w/ Black Currant-Tomato Chutney, Preserved Lemon Rice Pilaf,
Braised Brussels Sprouts w/ Creamy Sriracha & Shaved Asiago
OR
Grilled Ahi Tuna Steak w/ Mango Salsa, Coconut Rice,
Broccoli, Onion, Red Pepper, Summer Squash Stir-fry
OR
Wild Mushroom Ragout on Creamy Coconut Polenta w/ Parsnips, Chick Peas & Miso
Broccoli, Onion, Red Pepper, Summer Squash Stir-fry

Your three-course dinner INCLUDES all soft drinks, wine, beer, and coffee.

During dinner on Saturday night we will enjoy some very special entertainment and an awards programme.

While there are no planned events on Sunday, we'll be sending you more information about local sights and driving routes that you can explore individually.

Also new this year: there are delicious gluten-free and special diet options for both the boxed lunch and the plated dinner. Just use the checkbox on the registration form and we will get in touch with you to sort out the details.

SEE YOU IN OCTOBER

We are so pleased to be organizing this year's Rendez Vous, and look forward to seeing all of you who can join. Drop a note to CitroenSF@... if you have any questions, otherwise we hope to see you in Sonora!

To register for Rendez Vous Twenty Two, head over to http://www.sfrccc.org/

David Bruckmann

Interest has been strong for this year’s West Coast Citroën Rendez Vous, October 21st through 23rd, 2022, in Sonora, California

Save $10 per person if you register before September 1, 2022!

THE VENUE

After considering venues all the way from Pacific Grove east through Salinas and San Juan Bautista, we are pleased to announce that we settled on Sonora.

In the beautiful Sierra Nevada Foothills and at the very heart of California's "Gold Country", the town is named after the miners from Sonora Mexico who settled the City in 1848. Known as the "Queen of the Southern Mines", Sonora still holds on to its historic downtown charm while thriving as the commercial, government and cultural center for the region.

Our home base for the weekend will be the Best Western Sonora Oaks Hotel. Rooms include a full breakfast, WiFi, and access to the on-site pool. Our group rate is $144/night and they've agreed to offer that rate for 30 rooms. After that it is market rate, which is usually about $165/night.

IMPORTANT: in addition to registering for the Rendez Vous here:

https://forms.gle/ENARZ17WhDH8Pp6bA

You MUST separately make a hotel booking at this link:

https://www.bestwestern.com/en_US/book/hotel-rooms.05408.html?groupId=3X5TE0C1

THE PROGRAMME

On Friday night you're encouraged to join us for a casual, prepare-your-own dinner on the hotel BBQ, or drop by for drinks before exploring dinner options in town. We will send more information about that as the date approaches.

[...]

From 6pm on Saturday we will enjoy finger food and beverages in advance of a 7pm plated dinner at the hotel's Oak Glen room. You’ll start with an appetizer and whichever of these options you selected at registration:

[...]

We are so pleased to be organizing this year's Rendez Vous, and look forward to seeing all of you who can join us in Sonora!

To register for Rendez Vous Twenty Two, head over to http://www.sfrccc.org/