Best of France and Italy car show 2021

RTuttle

Hi all,
Here is an album I created of some of the photos i took at the Best of France and Italy car show in Van Nuys. Some amazing French and Italian cars, many of which I have never seen before. My favorites are probably the Citroën Pony and the Peugeot 205 T16. Hopefully next year I can attend in my R16.

Here is the link to album: https://photos.app.goo.gl/i4ftg3UTMDuLBHw6A
-Rowan

adrian cockcroft

A group of FiatAmerica members made it a 3 day backroads tour to BoFI. Lots of fun! Here’s my pictures

Cheers Adrian

On Tue, Nov 9, 2021 at 10:24 AM RTuttle <tatorsaurus@...> wrote:

Hi all,
Here is an album I created of some of the photos i took at the Best of France and Italy car show in Van Nuys. Some amazing French and Italian cars, many of which I have never seen before. My favorites are probably the Citroën Pony and the Peugeot 205 T16. Hopefully next year I can attend in my R16.

Here is the link to album: https://photos.app.goo.gl/i4ftg3UTMDuLBHw6A
-Rowan

Peter Langecker

Great pictures and some pretty eclectic cars!

Thanks for sharing!

Peter L.

Here is an album I created of some of the photos i took at the Best of France and Italy car show in Van Nuys. Some amazing French and Italian cars, many of which I have never seen before. My favorites are probably the Citroën Pony and the Peugeot 205 T16. Hopefully next year I can attend in my R16.
Here is the link to album: https://photos.app.goo.gl/i4ftg3UTMDuLBHw6A
-Rowan

Ken Nelson

Nice shots Rowan - glad you got to attend that show.  Leno often shows up I've been told.  Get the R16 down there next year and maybe he'll show up.  Did you have a chance to see the Autobooks/Aerobooks store in Burbank?  It's run by Tina and Chuck - friends in the Citroen club.  You should see their incredible store and meet them when you get back there next year!

Ken

On Tue, Nov 9, 2021 at 1:24 PM RTuttle <tatorsaurus@...> wrote:

Hi all,
Here is an album I created of some of the photos i took at the Best of France and Italy car show in Van Nuys. Some amazing French and Italian cars, many of which I have never seen before. My favorites are probably the Citroën Pony and the Peugeot 205 T16. Hopefully next year I can attend in my R16.

Here is the link to album: https://photos.app.goo.gl/i4ftg3UTMDuLBHw6A
-Rowan

adrian cockcroft

Leno was there, I got a couple of pictures of him, and a friend got him to pose with his 3yr old for a picture.

There was also a Citroen AX, that they claimed was one of a kind in the USA. I used to have an AX as a second car to my BX when I lived in the UK in the 80's. It's a fairly boring looking car, but had a lot of interesting technology to make it very light weight and simple to build, reduced component count compared to similar cars at the time. It drove well.

Adrian

On Tue, Nov 9, 2021 at 10:31 PM Ken Nelson <citbuff@...> wrote:
[...]

That's a great show.  Cindy and I got there about 4-5 yrs ago - hauled my Panhard cabrio down on my dolly.  Leno came by, asked me if I was going to restore it.  I considered it restored already as it ran fine and didn't look half bad, but then I don't have his pockets.  Anyway, I was so surprised I couldn't remember where I'd put my camera and didn't have a smartphone then so missed getting a pic!  He's a very down to earth guy for the most part.  Our definitions of "restored" just differ a whole lot!

Ken

On Wed, Nov 10, 2021 at 1:41 AM adrian cockcroft <adrian.cockcroft@...> wrote:
[...]

James Tworow

Nice photos!  Looks like a great show, certainly cars I'll never see here in hinterland...

James

On Wed, Nov 10, 2021 at 12:06 AM Ken Nelson <citbuff@...> wrote:
[...]

Scott Davis

We also attended, being local helped. Three Renault 5 turbo's, lots of gorgeous alfas, Bugatti, yet the Chaprone was my favorite.

The Lamborghini engine on a stand was fun to watch, chatted with the gent for a few as random people asked silly questions- like if it made margaritas.

Leno is a class act, my 8 year old was made to feel quite special.

Scott

At 11:06 PM 11/9/2021, you wrote:
That's a great show. Cindy and I got there about 4-5 yrs ago - hauled my Panhard cabrio down on my dolly. Leno came by, asked me if I was going to restore it. I considered it restored already as it ran fine and didn't look half bad, but then I don't have his pockets. Anyway, I was so surprised I couldn't remember where I'd put my camera and didn't have a smartphone then so missed getting a pic! He's a very down to earth guy for the most part. Our definitions of "restored" just differ a whole lot!Â

Ken

On Tue, Nov 9, 2021 at 10:31 PM Ken Nelson <<mailto:citbuff@...>citbuff@...> wrote:
Nice shots Rowan - glad you got to attend that show. Leno often shows up I've been told. Get the R16 down there next year and maybe he'll show up. Did you have a chance to see the Autobooks/Aerobooks store in Burbank? It's run by Tina and Chuck - friends in the Citroen club. You should see their incredible store and meet them when you get back there next year!

Ken

On Tue, Nov 9, 2021 at 1:24 PM RTuttle <<mailto:tatorsaurus@...>tatorsaurus@...> wrote:

Hi all,Â
Here is an album I created of some of the photos i took at the Best of France and Italy car show in Van Nuys. Some amazing French and Italian cars, many of which I have never seen before. My favorites are probably the Citroën Pony and the Peugeot 205 T16. Hopefully next year I can attend in my R16.

Here is the link to album:Â <https://photos.app.goo.gl/i4ftg3UTMDuLBHw6A>https://photos.app.goo.gl/i4ftg3UTMDuLBHw6A
-Rowan

Red Fred

Thanks for sharing all the photos!   I'm wondering what the little red Coupe is toward the beginning of Adrians' array?  It looks like a Fiat Dino Spyder, but with a roof!

Thanks, RF.

At 11:06 PM 11/9/2021, you wrote:
>That's a great show.  Cindy and I got there
>about 4-5 yrs ago - hauled my Panhard cabrio
>down on my dolly.  Leno came by, asked me if I
>was going to restore it.  I considered it
>restored already as it ran fine and didn't look
>half bad, but then I don't have his
>pockets.  Anyway, I was so surprised I couldn't
>remember where I'd put my camera and didn't
>have a smartphone then so missed getting a
>pic!  He's a very down to earth guy for the
>most part.  Our definitions of "restored" just differ a whole lot!Â
>
>Ken
>
>On Wed, Nov 10, 2021 at 1:41 AM adrian cockcroft
><<mailto:adrian.cockcroft@...>adrian.cockcroft@...> wrote:
>Leno was there, I got a couple of pictures of
>him, and a friend got him to pose with his 3yr old for a picture.
>
>There was also a Citroen AX, that they claimed
>was one of a kind in the USA. I used to have an
>AX as a second car to my BX when I lived in the
>UK in the 80's. It's a fairly boring looking
>car, but had a lot of interesting technology to
>make it very light weight and simple to build,
>reduced component count compared to similar cars at the time. It drove well.
>
>Adrian
>
>On Tue, Nov 9, 2021 at 10:31 PM Ken Nelson
><<mailto:citbuff@...>citbuff@...> wrote:
>Nice shots Rowan - glad you got to attend that
>show.  Leno often shows up I've been
>told.  Get the R16 down there next year and
>maybe he'll show up.  Did you have a chance to
>see the Autobooks/Aerobooks store in
>Burbank?  It's run by Tina and Chuck - friends
>in the Citroen club.  You should see their
>incredible store and meet them when you get back there next year!
>
>Ken
>
>On Tue, Nov 9, 2021 at 1:24 PM RTuttle
><<mailto:tatorsaurus@...>tatorsaurus@...> wrote:
>
>Hi all,Â
>Here is an album I created of some of the photos
>i took at the Best of France and Italy car show
>in Van Nuys. Some amazing French and Italian
>cars, many of which I have never seen before. My
>favorites are probably the Citroën Pony and the
>Peugeot 205 T16. Hopefully next year I can attend in my R16.
>
>Here is the link to album:Â
><https://photos.app.goo.gl/i4ftg3UTMDuLBHw6A>https://photos.app.goo.gl/i4ftg3UTMDuLBHw6A
>-Rowan

Norman S. Weinfeld

What superb photos, Adrian. I always love photos with the old cars on the way to and from. Some simply glorious shots among yours. But what on earth is that giant red thing? Simply an amazing car, whatever it is...

Norm Weinfeld
San Francisco
'55 XK140 DHC
'56 Imperial Southampton Coupe