Lucas RB310 Regulator for sale

Ken Nelson

Thanks Martin - seeing the part I do think I have one of those, so will pass on this one -

Ken

On Sun, Mar 28, 2021 at 9:06 AM Martin Worsdall <mworsdall@...> wrote:
Hi Ken,

This regulator was fitted to many British cars of the late 1950's and early sixties.  Looking at some Lucas literature, I can confirm that it was on the Hillman Easidrive, but I see nothing related to the Jowett Jupiter.  It was used by Austin, Aston Martin, Jaguar, Humber, Rover, Land Rover etc.,.  
The one I have has screw terminals.  Later versions had lucar connections.  The cover is attached by two screws at the base; some versions had screws through the entire height of the box.
I'm not sure what specific vehicle the one I have come from.

I hope to get at least $100 for it.  They've become pretty hard to find.

I've attached photos. 

Cheers,
Martin

On Sat, Mar 27, 2021 at 8:39 PM Ken Nelson <citbuff@...> wrote:
For some reason that designation sounds familiar - maybe same as my Jowett Jupiter, or Hillman Easidrive convertible with the electric automatic - but I cant verify as they're all back in Detroit and I'm here in Palo Alto until may - what do you want for it Martin?  Do you know what model car it came from?  

Ken

On Sat, Mar 27, 2021 at 9:16 PM Martin Worsdall <mworsdall@...> wrote:
Hello All,

I have a good used condition Lucas RB310 regulator available for sale.  It's date stamped 10/59. I bought it for my Vauxhall, but never fitted it.
I plan to list it on EBay, but I thought I'd see if there is local interest first.

Photos available on request.

Cheers,
Martin
in Benicia

Martin Worsdall

Hi Ken,

This regulator was fitted to many British cars of the late 1950's and early sixties.  Looking at some Lucas literature, I can confirm that it was on the Hillman Easidrive, but I see nothing related to the Jowett Jupiter.  It was used by Austin, Aston Martin, Jaguar, Humber, Rover, Land Rover etc.,.  
The one I have has screw terminals.  Later versions had lucar connections.  The cover is attached by two screws at the base; some versions had screws through the entire height of the box.
I'm not sure what specific vehicle the one I have come from.

I hope to get at least $100 for it.  They've become pretty hard to find.

I've attached photos. 

Cheers,
Martin

On Sat, Mar 27, 2021 at 8:39 PM Ken Nelson <citbuff@...> wrote:
For some reason that designation sounds familiar - maybe same as my Jowett Jupiter, or Hillman Easidrive convertible with the electric automatic - but I cant verify as they're all back in Detroit and I'm here in Palo Alto until may - what do you want for it Martin?  Do you know what model car it came from?  

Ken

Hello All,

I have a good used condition Lucas RB310 regulator available for sale.  It's date stamped 10/59. I bought it for my Vauxhall, but never fitted it.
I plan to list it on EBay, but I thought I'd see if there is local interest first.

Cheers,
Martin
in Benicia

Ken Nelson

Ken

Hello All,

Cheers,
Martin
in Benicia

Martin Worsdall

Hello All,

Cheers,
Martin
in Benicia