Topics

$500 Spitfire

Scott Davis

The price is right. Looks to be earlier mkI-III. In my town, can go look.

https://losangeles.craigslist.org/sfv/cto/d/santa-clarita-triumph-spitfire-project/7159436327.html

And I am intrigued by the racking system used to hold it up over some other convertible.

Scott

Ken Nelson

scary looking arrangement!  Near zero info - looks like another Brit underneath it....?

Ken

On Mon, Jul 20, 2020 at 6:00 PM Scott Davis <evlist@...> wrote:
The price is right.  Looks to be earlier mkI-III.  In my town, can go look.

https://losangeles.craigslist.org/sfv/cto/d/santa-clarita-triumph-spitfire-project/7159436327.html

And I am intrigued by the racking system used to hold it up over some
other convertible.

Scott

Scott Davis

OK if that $500 spit wasn't clean enough, here's a $12k one with a Miata transplant that looks good.

I'm keen to know what they did with the rear suspension. If it's also Miata, this is actually quite a deal.

https://losangeles.craigslist.org/wst/cto/d/awesome-1976-custom-triumph-spitfire/7154039484.html

<https://losangeles.craigslist.org/sfv/cto/d/santa-clarita-triumph-spitfire-project/7159436327.html>https://losangeles.craigslist.org/sfv/cto/d/santa-clarita-triumph-spitfire-project/7159436327.html

And I am intrigued by the racking system used to hold it up over some
other convertible.

Scott

Jim Greco

1976 on California would have to be smogged. An engine swap would make that impossible legally.

Sent from my iPhone from some random place on earth

At 08:00 PM 7/20/2020, you wrote:
scary looking arrangement! Near zero info - looks like another Brit underneath it....?

Ken

On Mon, Jul 20, 2020 at 6:00 PM Scott Davis <<mailto:evlist@...>evlist@...> wrote:
The price is right. Looks to be earlier mkI-III. In my town, can go look.

<https://losangeles.craigslist.org/sfv/cto/d/santa-clarita-triumph-spitfire-project/7159436327.html>https://losangeles.craigslist.org/sfv/cto/d/santa-clarita-triumph-spitfire-project/7159436327.html

And I am intrigued by the racking system used to hold it up over some
other convertible.

Scott

Scott Davis

It is possible to do this legally.

The car would have to comply with the emissions requirements for the engine as swapped.

The engine put in has to be later, California specification, and with full compliment of emissions equipment.

Then it has to be BAR refereed. The vin is registered against the smog information and you now have a California legal engine swap

Not impossible but a lot of work. I own a 1989 mr2 which has a California legal 3SGTE installed.

Scott