From: "David Russel" <djrussel@...>
To: "Arcane" <Arcane_autos@...>
Sent: Wednesday, January 04, 2006 10:04 PM
Subject: [Arcane_autos] 1959 Simca sport 8 on eBay

Here is one that might appeal to the sporty members:
http://offer.ebay.com/ebaymotors/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewBids&item=4601754352

Byron is this what the one we saw in menlo park or atherton could have once looked like? This one seems the much superior deal to that hulk.

I had a Simca 8 Sport for some time and as far as I know all left the works
with the Fiat based Simca Huit engine. Since the Ford V8 60 was made post war
in France, it was sometimes used as a retrofit. I saw one being done on a
coupe version of the Simca 8 Sport here in Santa Clara when I was a kid. The car
was (and is) very pretty and nicely styled, inside and out, but begged for
more power. I suspect that the heavy V8 60 wasn't the way to go, however.

Dick Tuttle