3 SMs for sale Los Gatos - must be gone by Apr. 15th.

Ken Nelson

Been helping prep 3 SMs for sale by John, who's handling an estate sale of a late friend's car collection in Los Gatos.  Two are running '73 SM 3L 5 spds, one a parts car, and a collection of spare parts.  Best is a white '73, about 79K miles, I've driven it in neighborhood, runs nicely. The two "drivers' both have new tires and new, nicely done leather (I think) interiors - not cheap work there!  2nd is brown, drives, has slow hyd leak from poorly accessible nylon return line on LH side of eng. compartment.  Brown one has supposedly 55K miles. Clear titles.
Lon Price knows these cars better than anyone if you want to find out more of their history.  White car had $18K work done all over it by Lon about 1 yr ago.   Lon says brown car primary chain "at end of life", had water in gearbox, he drained, lubed, but when I drove it the box makes expensive noises.
Both cars are Ca. cars, so very little rust.  Estate was asking $30K for white car, $20k for brown, but no takers and many siblings and estate attnys haven't been very flexible, lots of tire kickers have seen them, but neither car is better than "fairly nice".
Situation is, house has been sold, cars "must be gone" by Apr. 15th or??  Seller is not decision maker, just trying to market them for family.  He has no stake in sale.  Already sold RR, Healey 3000, and I think a Bentley.  The '96 Rolls driver in nice appearing condition and a driver - but for bad brakes - went for $20K -
Healey went to UK I think.  I'm including pics I took last Tues.  If interested, call John and leave message - 408-221-0505.  I have no interest in these - just helped get them running and fixing a few things as a side gig.

I also have a video of white SM running, but not sure how to attach it - contact me for it if interested.

Ken
248-515-9879

David Russel

Ah, the late Ralph Di Tullio’s cars. Family had them on Craigslist. Don’t know anything about the cars but recall Ralph having them.

On Apr 8, 2021, at 10:14 PM, Ken Nelson <citbuff@...> wrote:

[...]

Yes - evidently he did a lot of work on his cars himself.

Ken