2 Wheeler Arcane in San Rafael

David Russel

More arcane than a vintage Vespa.

and a 3 wheeler that's not too far either, and it has an enclosed 2 wheel trailer.  As a potential bidder doesn't want the trailer maybe it can be bought separately.

David

Geoff Kirkpatrick

I really like that scooter. It's very stylish, and quite different that the usual suspects like Vespa or Lambretta. And I don't think I knew that Heinkel had even made a scooter.

Matthew Spielberg

Peter S Beagle, author of The Last Unicorn and A Fine and Private Place wrote a great non fiction book about a cross country trip with a friend on Heinkels, I By My Outfit. Great book on the trip and the bikes. Yeah, with no parts support.

One event was the panic of getting pulled over for speeding, they thought. Instead, when the cop finally caught up, he wanted to verify that the bikes had sufficient horsepower to be on the freeway. They did.

Good read.

On 10/7/2021 10:00 AM, Geoff Kirkpatrick via groups.io wrote:
I really like that scooter. It's very stylish, and quite different that the usual suspects like Vespa or Lambretta. And I don't think I knew that Heinkel had even made a scooter.

I See By My Outfit

You see?

On 10/7/2021 10:15 AM, Matthew Spielberg wrote:

Peter S Beagle, author of The Last Unicorn and A Fine and Private Place wrote a great non fiction book about a cross country trip with a friend on Heinkels, I By My Outfit. Great book on the trip and the bikes. Yeah, with no parts support.

One event was the panic of getting pulled over for speeding, they thought. Instead, when the cop finally caught up, he wanted to verify that the bikes had sufficient horsepower to be on the freeway. They did.

Good read.

On 10/7/2021 10:00 AM, Geoff Kirkpatrick via groups.io wrote:
I really like that scooter. It's very stylish, and quite different that the usual suspects like Vespa or Lambretta. And I don't think I knew that Heinkel had even made a scooter.

600miles

When I was a young lad, Glenn Wolfson and I went up to Millbrae and he bought 2 odd scooters. A '65 Fuji Rabbit 150 Super and a '56 Zundapp Bella. We got them both driving, this is when he lived off Bascom Ave around 1988.

When I moved to Boulder Creek in '89 I restored the Rabbit for him in exchange for the Bella. By the time I was done with the Fuji he was living in Aptos. The bella was camo painted but was originally a rich burgandy. I had taken over a body shop nearby and did the majority of the work myself between home and body shop.

I bought an Eastwood bead blast cab and did the whole job myself, all parts blasted, all black parts painted in Glasurite. I did everyting except the body. Years later I found out about Vespa Club Los Gatos having local rallies. I didnt have the body shop anymore but in 1997 I started on the Bella again, I had a garage shop in Felton Ca.

End of story is I got it done in time for the VCLG rally at the Funky Bunker in Campbell. I took best of show my first time out. Years later sold the Bella, now have the Fuji in my barn awaiting re restore. Sitting in Morro Bay at Glenns, it got attacked by ocean air.

Miles