From: "Mark P Hatten" <mphatten@...>
To: <arcane_autos@...>
Sent: Tuesday, April 21, 2009 12:43 PM
Subject: RE: [Arcane_autos] Buy your T Series MG for $650???

Portland is considering this same "cash for clunkers" program to get newer "green" cars on the road. For the most part it is great idea.

I'll up the ante, I'd give you 651.$ !!

Mark

Portland Or.

WWW.MPHSPECIALTIES.COM

To: arcane_autos@...
From: rfeibusch1@...
Date: Tue, 21 Apr 2009 14:38:56 -0400
Subject: [Arcane_autos] Buy your T Series MG for $650???

Forwarded from the MG T-series list:

California and San Francisco Bay Area T series owners should get a laugh out
of the letter, paraphrased below that I recently got from the Bay Area Air
Quality Management District:

"Dear Vehicle Owner:

Since the registration on your model year 1951 vehicle is expiring soon,
please consider an alternative to driving this vehicle. You can receive
$650 for your 1987 or older car, van or pickup truck from the Bay Area Air
Quality Management District and help reduce air pollution.

The District's Buy Back Program buys and then scraps 1987 and older vehicles.
These older vehicles have less efficient emission control equipment and
therefore produce much more air pollution than newer vehicles. This program
is completely voluntary. If your car is a classic car or otherwise valuable
to you, please disregard this letter."

Needless to say I will be disregarding the letter. No wait, I think I'll
write the BAQMD and ask why they are wasting my taxpayer funds to mail these
letters out to owners of cars as old as mine. Any car of this age still
registered and in operation is already a classic and more valuable to the
owner than the $650 offered. Still I wonder if the "program is completely
voluntary" provision will someday be rescinded?

Time to write your legislators and express your opinions now?

John F. Quilter
Brisbane, California
1951 MGTD,
1960 Morris Minor
1969 Austin America
two bicycles for most local errands

Windows LiveT Hotmail:.more than just e-mail.
http://windowslive.com/online/hotmail?ocid=TXT_TAGLM_WL_HM_more_042009

List Moderator Arcane_autos-owner@...! Groups Links