Re: Oh My god--Arcane it is... It's back!!

Dick Tuttle

Chas is completely correct about the driver's seating, but I think he is wrong excepting the Messerschmitt, it is goofy too! The very best is the Isetta, which is not only very chummy to begin with, but has a left hand shift! Another thing, can you imagine sitting way up front and center in a Corvair when it goes into the common tail heavy oversteer mode?

From: chasgould@...
To: Arcane_autos@...
Sent: Mon, 19 Mar 2007 5:56 AM
Subject: Re: [Arcane_autos] Re: Oh My god--Arcane it is... It's back!!

a driver supposed to put his arm around his lady when she's in a back seat??
Even I missed this - my astute Lady Cindy spotted this oversight. Very dumb
arrangement now that she brought it to light....When I was starting to drive,
we mostly had sticks on the column, and it was a sign of your coolness if
you could shift lefthanded without taking your right arm off the girl (and the
really cool guys had necker's knobs on their steering wheels). And at the
time this guy designed his "concept", he should have known better!
Sigh.....another reason to keep Citroen DSs alive, amongst other arcane stuff - no center
consoles! Who came up with that silly idea??

I couldn't agree more. Although I agree with Bill that I still lust after
this concept car, the single front driver seat in the front is just plain
stupid, aside from visibility, and necking options (although the extra leg room in
the second seat opens up all sorts of other options!), it is goofy to sit
alone with all of your passengers behind you, except in a Messerschmitt!
Chas