Austin 10

Gerard Chateauvieux

Anybody here interested in buying my rare LHD 1946 Austin 10 Saloon? It’s s running car in very good condition. All original, except for modern paint scheme and complete. I have the original bumpers and bumper irons. No rust on this car at all; it’s always been garaged.

This was a one owner car before me and I have a fairly comprehensive documented history of it since 1950. It has and is registered with original issue 1950 California plates.

This redesigned Austin 10 was first rolled out in late 1939, just before the breakout of WWII. As a result very few saloons were produced and most of the production was for military application including “tillys”, which were pickups with hooped canvas covers over the cargo area. After the war, production resumed in 1946/1947. In 1948, the design was modernized with the Austin Devon/Dorset. Very few examples exist, but especially not in this original condition, including leather upholstery.

Gerard