Re: VINS - blue - 83, yel - 85

David Russel

Meant NOT making you get rid of vehicles. Fumble fingers and hitting send too fast. 
Sorry 

David 

Sent From Mobile Phone

On May 3, 2022, at 6:50 PM, David Russel via groups.io <djrussel=alumni.stanford.edu@groups.io> wrote:

Warren never had a sport prinz in the 30-40 years I knew him. However a buddy of his in the Santa Cruz mtns (blank on his name) who did buy a Trihawk, early edition, despite being a bit too big for easy in & out, who had a red Prinz. I looked at it but didn’t buy it …. ah, it’s  Ric Beson, but I’ve likely misspelled his name. 

Rick, if you are on this list, hello and hope the county is making you get rid of any more vehicles, and sorry for the spelling. 

David 

Sent From Mobile Phone

On May 3, 2022, at 6:39 PM, Ken Nelson <citbuff@...> wrote:

that's funny - didn't know he had an NSU Prinz - I have a Prinz III in sacramento that runs & has only 16,900 orig. miles on it - found it in the Sierra mntns in a huge barn - near zero rust.  Hauled it home to Palo Alto & had it running in about 45 mins!  But having lost my storage in San Jose, I've got to put it on Fleabay - just got Warren's 2008 Ural mcycle & sidecar running nicely, but may have to change jets as it won't run above a fast idle in spite of cleaning the carbs manually & ultrasonically -

Ken

On Tue, May 3, 2022 at 6:23 PM Dave Smith <gornzilla@...> wrote:
Nevermind. I searched my email. I'm the one who owed Warren a reply about his Trihawks, Citroens and the NSU Sport Prinz he turned me onto.  

Dave

On Sun, May 1, 2022 at 3:22 PM Dave Smith via groups.io <gornzilla=gmail.com@groups.io> wrote:
Is that Warren Behler?  I didn't know that he passed away. I don't think we met in person but we'd email each other once a year or so for years just checking in with each other. I think I last sent him an email was waiting on his reply.

Dave in Sacramento

On Fri, Apr 29, 2022 at 11:39 PM Ken Nelson <citbuff@...> wrote:
Jennifer, here is the proper VIN - from Adam Reif, who manages the Trihawk website - He's a long time Citroen guy and micro-satellite designer - Thanks Adam!

Ken

---------- Forwarded message ---------
Date: Sat, Apr 30, 2022 at 12:35 AM
Subject: Re: VINS - blue - 83, yel - 85
To: Ken Nelson <citbuff@...>

I did find the VIN #

between looking carefully at the pix you'd sent me at the end of March ... and looking through my Trihawk database ... I was able to deduce 100% (as Warren had indeed given me the full number at some point)

December 1983
1P9-T101A4-DD038031

So - I'd suggest that you write that onto a decent piece of paper, and then use shipping tape to seal/mount that onto the firewall.

With that info, Jennifer should be able to go to DMV (!) with Warren's death certificate and that VIN # in order to print/release a new pink slip?

Oh !!!! looking through emails I sent you ... on March 27th I actually gave you that VIN # for the blue Trihawk .........

What we still don't know ... is if there is a VIN number stamped into the chassis somewhere.

Adam.

+++

On Sun, Mar 27, 2022 at 9:55 PM Adam Reif <1adam12@...> wrote:

I actually have Warren down for 3 Trihawks

s/n 1H9-T101A0-FD072019 marked as January 1985 in white
s/n 1P9-T101A6-DM038001 marked January 1983 in Silver
s/n 1P9-T101A4-DD038031 marked  ---   1983 ... do not have the color noted.  Maybe that's the blue one?

On the second one, I have a note "This is the first production Trihawk built December 1982, Mokena Illinois"  I think he bought that from Lou Richards son Dale - who lives (I think) in Sonoma County).

Join ArcaneAutos@groups.io to automatically receive all group messages.