Re: VINS - blue - 83, yel - 85

Dave Smith

Nevermind. I searched my email. I'm the one who owed Warren a reply about his Trihawks, Citroens and the NSU Sport Prinz he turned me onto.

Dave

On Sun, May 1, 2022 at 3:22 PM Dave Smith via groups.io <gornzilla=gmail.com@groups.io> wrote:
Is that Warren Behler?  I didn't know that he passed away. I don't think we met in person but we'd email each other once a year or so for years just checking in with each other. I think I last sent him an email was waiting on his reply.

Dave in Sacramento

On Fri, Apr 29, 2022 at 11:39 PM Ken Nelson <citbuff@...> wrote:
Jennifer, here is the proper VIN - from Adam Reif, who manages the Trihawk website - He's a long time Citroen guy and micro-satellite designer - Thanks Adam!

Ken

---------- Forwarded message ---------
From: Adam Reif <1adam12@...>
Date: Sat, Apr 30, 2022 at 12:35 AM
Subject: Re: VINS - blue - 83, yel - 85
To: Ken Nelson <citbuff@...>

I did find the VIN #

between looking carefully at the pix you'd sent me at the end of March ... and looking through my Trihawk database ... I was able to deduce 100% (as Warren had indeed given me the full number at some point)

December 1983
1P9-T101A4-DD038031

So - I'd suggest that you write that onto a decent piece of paper, and then use shipping tape to seal/mount that onto the firewall.

With that info, Jennifer should be able to go to DMV (!) with Warren's death certificate and that VIN # in order to print/release a new pink slip?

Oh !!!! looking through emails I sent you ... on March 27th I actually gave you that VIN # for the blue Trihawk .........

What we still don't know ... is if there is a VIN number stamped into the chassis somewhere.

Adam.

+++

On Sun, Mar 27, 2022 at 9:55 PM Adam Reif <1adam12@...> wrote:

I actually have Warren down for 3 Trihawks

s/n 1H9-T101A0-FD072019 marked as January 1985 in white
s/n 1P9-T101A6-DM038001 marked January 1983 in Silver
s/n 1P9-T101A4-DD038031 marked  ---   1983 ... do not have the color noted.  Maybe that's the blue one?

On the second one, I have a note "This is the first production Trihawk built December 1982, Mokena Illinois"  I think he bought that from Lou Richards son Dale - who lives (I think) in Sonoma County).