Re: Traction Avant in Oakland

Brian Kanamu

Peter's spot on. Sounds like someone's failed custom to me.  Keep looking!!

The Tractions I've driven are great fun. The independent torsion bar suspension, front wheel drive and low cg are rumored to make them competitive in Autocross. The ride is very nice and especially so on unpaved roads.  Being a French car it is subject to the occasional tantrum, usually in public and having to do with its shift linkages. I remember one on a WA State ferry when it was time to unload.  In other words it's an arcane auto.

The west coast Citroën clubs are without a doubt the best places to start. Having belonged to one or more since I bought my first Citroën in 1988, I can't stress enough that any car you might want to buy pass a Cit person's inspection.

The Cit folks would be more than happy to put the word out in the greater Bay area (see Peter's info), as well as Seattle and BC (email me). Great to have one along as a stealth expert if the seller won't recognize them.

BK

On Fri, Dec 17, 2021 at 11:09, Peter Anning
Automatic Transmission? "Fair" condition? Keep looking!

-- Peter Anning
   p.anning@...

On Friday, December 17, 2021, 10:24:01 AM PST, Berkeley <berkeley@...> wrote:

I’ve been looking for one of these, but not ready to pull the trigger yet.

https://sfbay.craigslist.org/eby/ctd/d/1956-citroen-traction-avante/7421964916.html

Sent from Mail for Windows