Re: Paintless dent repair in south bay

Larry Sacks

I've been using South Valley Dents for more than 10 years.  The company is owned by Troy Treece.

I've always recommended him to people looking for this type of service.  FIAT America has held numerous Dent Repair Tech sessions over the years and we've always used Troy.  We'll also have one coming up in the next couple of months too.

Troy charges by the size of the biggest dent/ding and then a percentage of that first dent for each other dent.

But in order for paintless dent repair to work, there are a few criteria:

1.  The paint has to be shiny with a nice reflective surface.
2.  The dent cannot have any hard creases.  That's beyond what paintless dent repair can do
3.  The paint at the dent and in the surrounding area can't be cracked.

If none of those conditions are an issue, then Troy can do some amazing work.

I found Troy and South Valley Dent when I was looking for a shop that would work on a 1979 Fiat X1/9.  Most of the places I spoke with said they didn't like to work on "older" cars because the metal is "too thick."  The body shop that had last painted my car in 1987 - I bought the car in 2000 - recommended Troy.

Feel free to say I recommended you call him.

South Valley Dents
408-515-2289

If you have any questions about the process or Troy, feel free to email me.

Larry

On Tue, Nov 30, 2021 at 4:35 PM Geoff Kirkpatrick via groups.io <britcarnut=yahoo.com@groups.io> wrote:
Can any of you good folks recommend a paintless dent repair person in the South Bay? I'd like to find someone who can give my Porsche and Saab and my wife's Chrysler Pacifica some attention. The last time I had a guy do this was in Santa Cruz about 12 or 13 years ago. The results were really impressive, but I don't have his info any more and he probably wouldn't come over the hill anyway. Thanks all!

Best,

Geoff Kirkpatrick