Re: Why did this bring Ken to mind?

Scott Davis

Ken,

Good tip on AAA, thanks. They've always been good to me as well.

For the later Torqflite, can you swap an adapter at the back of the block, put new holes in the block, or do you need to make some sort of adapter/spacer?

Scott

At 02:13 PM 10/10/2021, you wrote:
I just like the oddballs, but now i've got to find someone in SJ who can upgrade my '64 Bristol with a working later model Torqueflite autobox. Â
Mine bit the dust as Cindy and I were turning off 101 to joinit a rally group inn Pescadero two yrs ago, and the slushbox died on us - couldn't turn right to go to the motel we could see from the intersection - not a single gear left. Long story short, thanks to a savvy towtruck driver, my AAA covered all costs associated with the breakdown 170 miles from home. The guy said I had to tell A3 that I had a "trip interruption" event, and that code word got me paid for food, hotel, gas for rental car, and car rental charge - everything involved in getting us home. So keep thqt in mind folks if similar thing happens to you. Now I just have to get the car to this mechanic in SJ when I get back and have him do the conversion to a later Torqflite.

Ken

On Sun, Oct 10, 2021 at 4:12 PM David Russel <<mailto:djrussel@alumni.stanford.edu>djrussel@alumni.stanford.edu> wrote:
You do get your fingers into a lot of pies.Â

The 2 SUs at that angle and float chamber so close to exhaust manifold gives me jitters.Â

DavidÂ

Sent From Mobile Phone

On Oct 9, 2021, at 10:22 PM, Ken Nelson <<mailto:citbuff@gmail.com>citbuff@gmail.com> wrote:

David, see my comments re the Bristol on BAT - just finished them. This one and I have a tiny bit of history, but I was able to get a much more original one a few years ago.

Ken

On Sat, Oct 9, 2021 at 2:21 AM David Russel <<mailto:djrussel@alumni.stanford.edu>djrussel@alumni.stanford.edu> wrote:
Nice little 6 cylinder at Fantasy Junction, posted on BaT
<https://bringatrailer.com/listing/1951-bristol-401-3/>https://bringatrailer.com/listing/1951-bristol-401-3/

Maybe Ken will visit it with its younger (?) but more powerful sibling.