Re: Why did this bring Ken to mind?

Ken Nelson

I just like the oddballs, but now i've got to find someone in SJ who can upgrade my '64 Bristol with a working later model Torqueflite autobox.
Mine bit the dust as Cindy and I were turning off 101 to joinit a rally group inn Pescadero two yrs ago, and the slushbox died on us - couldn't turn right to go to the motel we could see from the intersection - not a single gear left.  Long story short, thanks to a savvy towtruck driver, my AAA covered all costs associated with the breakdown 170 miles from home.  The guy said I had to tell A3 that I had a "trip interruption" event, and that code word got me paid for food, hotel, gas for rental car, and car rental charge - everything involved in getting us home.  So keep thqt in mind folks if similar thing happens to you.  Now I just have to get the car to this mechanic in SJ when I get back and have him do the conversion to a later Torqflite.

Ken

On Sun, Oct 10, 2021 at 4:12 PM David Russel <djrussel@...> wrote:
You do get your fingers into a lot of pies.

The 2 SUs at that angle and float chamber so close to exhaust manifold gives me jitters.

On Oct 9, 2021, at 10:22 PM, Ken Nelson <citbuff@...> wrote:

David, see my comments re the Bristol on BAT - just finished them.  This one and I have a tiny bit of history, but I was able to get a much more original one a few years ago.

Ken

On Sat, Oct 9, 2021 at 2:21 AM David Russel <djrussel@...> wrote:
Nice little 6 cylinder at Fantasy Junction, posted on BaT

Maybe Ken will visit it with its younger (?) but more powerful sibling.