Re: 2 Wheeler Arcane in San Rafael

600miles

When I was a young lad, Glenn Wolfson and I went up to Millbrae and he bought 2 odd scooters. A '65 Fuji Rabbit 150 Super and a '56 Zundapp Bella. We got them both driving, this is when he lived off Bascom Ave around 1988.

When I moved to Boulder Creek in '89 I restored the Rabbit for him in exchange for the Bella. By the time I was done with the Fuji he was living in Aptos. The bella was camo painted but was originally a rich burgandy. I had taken over a body shop nearby and did the majority of the work myself between home and body shop.

I bought an Eastwood bead blast cab and did the whole job myself, all parts blasted, all black parts painted in Glasurite. I did everyting except the body. Years later I found out about Vespa Club Los Gatos having local rallies. I didnt have the body shop anymore but in 1997 I started on the Bella again, I had a garage shop in Felton Ca.

End of story is I got it done in time for the VCLG rally at the Funky Bunker in Campbell. I took best of show my first time out. Years later sold the Bella, now have the Fuji in my barn awaiting re restore. Sitting in Morro Bay at Glenns, it got attacked by ocean air.

Miles