Re: Can anyone recommend a shop nearby

Scott Davis

Sounds like you have a good deal.

Most places down in the SoCal area have shop rates of $125/hr and up. Specialty shops are charging $200/hr.

Scott

At 09:25 AM 9/9/2021, you wrote:
$800 plus parts? Seems like bay area prices gone nuts. I know its an alum v8, I bet a Jag would be expensive too.

I got my Isetta head done - replace 1 guide, cut seats $100 but was emergency I need it now price. Same guy pressed my Isetta crank for only $80. Most folks ship them to Belgium to get a rod pressed in. I have a shop here in Medford Oregon that does my Honda 600 heads - cut seats only $24ea head.

Miles