Re: JDM fans - is an Infiniti J30t worth resurrecting?

Bruce Dewing

Geoff,
Have you tried using ether spray?  Have you done a compression test?
Bruce

On Sunday, June 27, 2021, 12:14:42 PM PDT, Geoff Kirkpatrick via groups.io <britcarnut@...> wrote:

I've cleaned the Infiniti up a bit and have attempted to start it, without success. It cranks nicely but there's nothing resembling an attempt at catching. I'm not accustomed to working on cars that have fuel injection, coil packs, ECUs, and all that newfangled stuff from the 1980s on up. It's been at least seven or eight years since the car last ran. Is there perhaps some priming of the fuel pump or the injection system needed? Are there any other "Semi-Modern cars for Idiots" suggestions for where I might look? I'm torn on what to do with this car. It turns out it was never put on non-op so the DMV wants $700+ if someone should try to register it. Its market value even if it's up and running is negligible. But it's fundamentally a nice and rather rare car. The title is lost and I'm on my own, having to do a lien sale just to get the title so I can dispose of it somehow.