Re: Engine change

Geoff Kirkpatrick

I don't know the ins and outs of dealing with the smog referees, but I know that having the car registered in your name in a different state won't enable it to be registered here if it's non-compliant. If you own property in Oregon, your best bet might be to simply keep it registered there. Although, it is technically illegal to keep an out-of-state registered car in CA permanently without registering it here, so that's not a foolproof solution either.

Geoff K.

Join to automatically receive all group messages.