Re: Lucas RB310 Regulator for sale

Ken Nelson

Thanks Martin - seeing the part I do think I have one of those, so will pass on this one -

Ken

On Sun, Mar 28, 2021 at 9:06 AM Martin Worsdall <mworsdall@...> wrote:
Hi Ken,

This regulator was fitted to many British cars of the late 1950's and early sixties.  Looking at some Lucas literature, I can confirm that it was on the Hillman Easidrive, but I see nothing related to the Jowett Jupiter.  It was used by Austin, Aston Martin, Jaguar, Humber, Rover, Land Rover etc.,.
The one I have has screw terminals.  Later versions had lucar connections.  The cover is attached by two screws at the base; some versions had screws through the entire height of the box.
I'm not sure what specific vehicle the one I have come from.

I hope to get at least $100 for it.  They've become pretty hard to find.

I've attached photos.

Cheers,
Martin

On Sat, Mar 27, 2021 at 8:39 PM Ken Nelson <citbuff@...> wrote:
For some reason that designation sounds familiar - maybe same as my Jowett Jupiter, or Hillman Easidrive convertible with the electric automatic - but I cant verify as they're all back in Detroit and I'm here in Palo Alto until may - what do you want for it Martin?  Do you know what model car it came from?

Ken

On Sat, Mar 27, 2021 at 9:16 PM Martin Worsdall <mworsdall@...> wrote:
Hello All,

I have a good used condition Lucas RB310 regulator available for sale.  It's date stamped 10/59. I bought it for my Vauxhall, but never fitted it.
I plan to list it on EBay, but I thought I'd see if there is local interest first.

Photos available on request.

Cheers,
Martin
in Benicia