Re: The Brit and French Police!

Dick Tuttle

I got pulled over by the Santa Clara Police who thought my then 10 year old grandson was driving the Peel Trident.  Officer apologized and we had a good laugh.

-----Original Message-----
From: Matthew Spielberg <mspielberg@...>
To: ArcaneAutos@groups.io
Sent: Tue, Mar 2, 2021 8:35 am
Subject: Re: [ArcaneAutos] The Brit and French Police!

Miles has a California legal RHD Nissan
Prior owner got pulled over for using a cell phone from the left seat. Had to point to the steering wheel on the other side

Sent from my IBM Selectric

On Mar 1, 2021, at 9:35 PM, Ken Nelson <citbuff@...> wrote:

Subject: Fwd: The Brit and French Police!

Brilliant!
Look closely at the picture first and then read the story:

image

This actually happened to an Englishman, in France, who was totally drunk.

A French policeman stopped the Englishman's car and asks if he has been drinking.

With great difficulty, the Englishman admits that he has been drinking all day, that his daughter got married that morning, and that he drank champagne and a few bottles of wine at the reception, and many single malt scotches there-after.

Quite upset, the policeman proceeds to breath test the Englishman and verifies that he is indeed completely hammered.

He asks the Englishman if he knows why, under French law, he is going to be arrested.

The Englishman answers with a bit of humor, "No sir, I do not! But while we're asking questions, do you realize that this is a British car and my wife is driving on the other side?