Re: How to fix a Harbor freight 12 ton hydraulic jack

Dick Tuttle

My favorite

-----Original Message-----
From: Fred Cisin <cisin@...>
To: ArcaneAutos@groups.io
Sent: Tue, Feb 23, 2021 4:57 pm
Subject: Re: [ArcaneAutos] How to fix a Harbor freight 12 ton hydraulic jack

Can we assume that it is a conventional bottle jack used in it?

The most obvious possibilities is that it may be low on fluid, or it may
have air in it.  (which will let it pump up, but not under load, as the
air is compressible)

With the ram fully retracted, the fluid ("hydraulic jack oil", but some
try to get aaway with ATF), should come up almost to the hole.

http://www.chaski.org/homemachinist/viewtopic.php?t=101082
http://ecx.images-amazon.com/images/I/91aQFOul%2BAS.pdf

MOST can be adequately bled by pumping with the filler plug open, . . .