Re: CA VIN verifier recommendation needed


I was intrigued whether I could use a VIN verifier for my use case (registering my salvaged Mini)- looks like there are cases when you can and cannot use a VIN verifier:

Authorized Vehicle Verifiers are:

  • DMV employees.
  • Peace officers including military police (California Penal Code §830).
  • Employees of auto clubs that provide registration services.
    • Auto club verifiers must include the abbreviation of their auto club name with their signature.
  • Persons licensed as vehicle verifiers by DMV.
    • Licensed vehicle verifiers cannot do VIN inspections for revived salvage, revived junk, SPCNS vehicles, or motorcycles with an unavailable California record (last registered in California but a record no longer appears on the DMV database).

Join to automatically receive all group messages.