Re: Looking for a Mileage recorder

Ken Nelson

If that's the case, what IS period correct?  I;ve never heard of a paper wheel, or anything other than a period Halda rally chronometer?  And they're not going to be cheap unless digital doohickeys have outmoded and are cheaper than the mechanical ones.   Only other period correct pc might be a trailing odometer wheel like they used to use back in the day as more accurate than an original odo -

Ken

On Fri, Dec 11, 2020 at 9:48 AM Bruce Dewing via groups.io <tralfaz42=yahoo.com@groups.io> wrote:
Ken,
I'm looking for something period correct, so smart phones are out.

Bruce

On Friday, December 11, 2020, 9:39:25 AM PST, Ken Nelson <citbuff@...> wrote:

How about an app for your phone Bruce?   They have speedo apps for phones - better than dash speedo.

Ken

On Fri, Dec 11, 2020 at 9:26 AM Bruce Dewing via groups.io <tralfaz42=yahoo.com@groups.io> wrote:
I'm looking for a thingamabob that attaches to the sun visor for recording mileage.  A mechanical counter or paper wheel thing?  My wife's 61 VW doesn't have a fuel gauge (it was an option tho) so you have to use the floorboard reserve switch when running low on gas.  Not wanting a logbook or one of those circular slide rules for mileage.  I don't know what to call it to search ebay properly.

Thanks,
Bruce
Grass Valley, CA