Re: CA VIN verifier recommendation needed

Larry Sacks

If you’re a AAA member, you can get 3 separate move permits which allow you to drive your car on any day you wish. 

Just fill in the date you’ll be driving it the day you get in your car. 


On Fri, Dec 11, 2020 at 8:49 AM Ken Nelson <citbuff@...> wrote:
Try the one day pass - I think it's $20.  but must be used on a particular date, but I think you can fill in the date yourself, which makes it a bit easier to coordinate scheduling a DMV visit with a pass.


On Fri, Dec 11, 2020 at 7:38 AM Chris Ice via <> wrote:
I've seen mixed reports afa whether DMV will accept mobile vin-verifiers anymore.  I'm sure others will loudly correct me if not.  I had zero issues having CHP do the verification on my trike and my old MINI; went to San Jose (took it on a trailer - u-haul rents them easy enough).  DMV will then have nothing to complain about.

If the vehicle is driveable, you can always ask DMV for a "parade pass" - they used to give out 1-day move-it tags that allow you to operate on public roads for a day (I say used to because I haven't tried this for over 15 yrs).  It's valid for a day, and perhaps you have to make your CHP appt first to get the date, then get the DMV parade-pass for that date.  Or just go U-Haul, or maybe even AAA could be an option to tow it your thing...then tow it back.

Join to automatically receive all group messages.