CA VIN verifier recommendation needed

sujit roy

This is a follow up email to my registering a car in CA.
I have been give a 30 day use permit of which I have 10 days left.  The guy at the DMV office said I need to take it down to the local DMV for VIN verification. I'm having problems with car and dont think I can drive it 10 miles from Cupertino to Los Gatos within the next 10 days.
I'm aware' CHP can do the verification, but it seem I need to make an apt and take it to a local place.
A google search seems find thousands of versifiers. Can someone please recommend one to me who can make a house call? Also what is the typical cost of this service?
Thanks in advance.
Sujit

'71 Triumph Stag